Help / Suggestions

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The Reefuge and Google Chrome
The Reefuge has problems with its chat system while on google chrome. please use an alternate browser until this problem has been resolved

Thanks

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

The problem, by the looks of things will never be resolved. The chatbar is purchased software that is written in extremely messy code. The developer also seems to have slowed down on development, and the support is not great. The chatbar software is "the best" around, and thus gets used on The Reefuge.

The amount of work it would take to tidy the chat bar up would be longer than writing a new program from scratch, which is nowhere near a priority for the site. It will also be very costly as there are elements to it that I am not able to code.

When a release comes out it will be updated, but I fear it will not be for a while. This site is made for FireFox as in my opinion it is the best browser around.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Question - does anyone use the chat bar?

I'm a Chrome loyalist so unlikely to change to check it out, but just curious.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Question - does anyone use the chat bar?

I'm a Chrome loyalist so unlikely to change to check it out, but just curious.
all day every day!! i usualy have 10 people online at a time every day :P you must add each other as friends to be able to use the system,

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
its alot like facebook chat. around 50 pct of my activity is using that chat system to talk to friends :P, so if anyone wants to chat add me to friends!