Help / Suggestions

E

ezza

The pop up MSG that tells you off before you've done anything wrong
Hello. In the forums for urgent tank support and this one... There is an irritating pop up that warns you to not post in the wrong place for fear that the whole forum will crumble and anarchy will reign... Can it come up instead when someone attempts to start a new thread in those forums? If I want to simply read that forum, I shouldn't have to be bombarded with "abort abort abort! We're all gonna diiiiiiiie"!

It makes me feel like I did something wrong :cry

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Technical Support
Hello Fishy, This node is for forum technical support only. For reef related support, please use the appropriate node.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

The problem is that members seem to use both these forums for reasons they were simply not designed for. This forum in particular has reef related questions posted in to it all the time. This is not only by new members either, but a lot of members who have been here over a year.

I have added the ability for users to dismiss the notification. This link can be found at the bottom of the notification text. Clicking it will no longer allow the notification to appear.

Thanks.

E

ezza

I get it. Really I do! It just makes me feel guilty about even coming in to read.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I get it. Really I do! It just makes me feel guilty about even coming in to read.
Hello @ezza,

Now you can dismiss it permanently by clicking on the "Dismiss Notification" link at the bottom of the bubble :)

Thanks.