Reef Discussion

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
The Irony!
After getting home from work, I decided to browse the Web looking up husbandry in prep for the new tank. There's a LFS near me that has Helfrichi at a good price, so this is what I was reading about. In particular a thread on RC about said fish and how they ALWAYS inevitably jump.....

Right as I'm reading this I hear an odd noise in the house, looking at the tank and then the parrot, all seemed ok, so on with the reading.

Guests arrived shortly after and as I walk past the tank again I spotted it....
.. my Firefish took its Swan dive :(

Honestly, the pure irony.

/End rant

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Oh dear. Is he ok ? It's worse when I made a clown swan dive. Was removing a bta we had sold. Took ages to dislodge foot. as pulling out tank guy arrives. Bagged up bta. Sat and chatted & when he went to leave we see my little boy laying in the tiles. I assumed he would have exited the bta but no was still in it when I removed it. Throw him back in ( been out about 20mins). He survived. God I felt awful !

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Unfortunately no, was about 15-20mins before I picked him up, and he was grey and red instead of white/red. He's now in the deep blue in the sky.... R.I.P Fanta ;)

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
This has happened to me twice

The first was the VERY FIRST day we put a fish in the tank. Came down stairs to look at the small clown fish. Couldn't see him - yep - on the floor!

Slipped him back in and he was fine! Lol

The second time, I heard a plop - and immediately looked at the tank, noticed I could see the bicolour blenny. Went over - yep on the floor.

Put him back in and he spent the next 24 hours in the toadstool coral (his sanctuary for when stressful things were happening)

Sorry to hear about your loss though mate.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Cheers guys :)

It sucks all the more as I had nursed him back to health (he was basically finless when I got him, previous owner claimed he had only been I QT and not main tank).