Reef Discussion

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Tank Upgrade Yay
Ok so I'm getting a bit of a tank upgrade FINALLY, it's a 4x2x2 with sump so going from the max 250 will be nice, the new tank comes with a ton of stuff.

When I do the tank swap I am going to clean the algae of my rock and reuse it and as much water as possible. This way I'm using only a little dry rock, new sand and the remaining water will be fresh salt.

I will set up s refugium with miracle mud and cheeto in sump for nitrate and phosphate control.

Should I reuse any of my sand or is there anything I can do to make swap safer and more successful.

Attachments

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Very exciting, enjoy! It's always tough swapping from one to another. Best thing you can do is have both run while the new one establishes, but if not - make sure you have some prime available to help squish any little ammonia spikes

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'ma come down there and bring that tank home here to the USA, thanks for finding it for me. :) That's a damn nice set up, you can do a lot with that size tank.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Very exciting, enjoy! It's always tough swapping from one to another. Best thing you can do is have both run while the new one establishes, but if not - make sure you have some prime available to help squish any little ammonia spikes
Unfortunately I can only fit the tank in the same space as current so will need to do a one day swap, might need a hand but as tanks fucking heavy.

Bret at bunarong said buy DrTim's all in one as he was saying will stop nasty spikes and help seed extra rock.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
I'ma come down there and bring that tank home here to the USA, thanks for finding it for me. :) That's a damn nice set up, you can do a lot with that size tank.
Hmm may be an expensive transport cost, but up to you, also I'm excited to do more with tank.