News

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hi @The Reefuge
I think this ideal will take some people a while to get use to but it certainly has some advantages.

One problem I'm having with the transfer:
When I copy a post across that has photos in it, instead of showing the photo inline like the old journal did it just puts in a link like "View attachment 14458". I think I must be doing something wrong, because I look at other journals people are transferring and some of theirs show the photos.
My pics are doing this too. How do you get the pics to display @The Reefuge

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
How I was doing it was highlighting over the view attachment text, pressing the insert image button and pasting in http://www.thereefuge.com.au/attachments/xxxxx/ where is xxxxx is the attachment number you need to display and that seems to work.

Failing that, copy and pasting without following the instructions to edit the post and select the spanner works for copy and pasting images, but any formatting in your posts will be lost.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
BLOOODY THING NO WORKING :rage

THE FIRST 7 OR 8 COPIED PHOTOS FINE BUT AFTER THAT IT STOPPED WORKING. I'VE WASTED TOO MUCH TIME AND AM THINKING ABOUT ABANDONING IT.

NOT HAPPY after doing all that work with one hand.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately the way the software works removes any parser in the copied post. If you view the image, copy the url, and manually edit it, it will work. If people can not be bothered doing that, simply link to your old TJ in your new TJ description and start fresh.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
For users who would like to fix their "View Attachment" problem.

Go into your post, and change the image code as follows. Simply change the wrapper and add .jpg to the end (if it is hosted with us).

View attachment 10027 Is the example. Click the image and copy the url.

Then change the code to this (adding the .jpg at the end)

Code:
[img]http://www.thereefuge.com.au/attachments/ANY_NAME_HERE.10027.jpg[/img]
Please take note, only the number matters. Simply add .jpg at the end of the image.

Alternatively, just take that code and replace the numbers between "ANY_NAME_HERE.10027.jpg and it will achieve the same thing.

The result:

E

ezza

Hello from France, if I understood, you change a forum for a new forum?

I have health problems that have slowed my passion but I want respond present for share with you.
i am sorry, my french is no good anymore so I used a translator:

chaque revue du réservoir sera désormais son propre forum. au lieu de seulement un fil. Ainsi, l'utilisateur qui possède la revue sera toujours figurer dans le poste principal et les discussions seront alors découler de ces postes.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I think I suggested this before and it was labelled as 'hard to implement' - but is there any way of introducing a 'next' type button on a journal entry to proceed to the next entry? Or, listing journal entries underneath each post (like you have 'similar threads' down there)? Just a way to avoid having to click in an entry, read it, go back to contents page, click a new entry.

Also it would make more sense to me to have the oldest entry at the bottom, new ones added to the top of the contents page?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I think I suggested this before and it was labelled as 'hard to implement' - but is there any way of introducing a 'next' type button on a journal entry to proceed to the next entry? Or, listing journal entries underneath each post (like you have 'similar threads' down there)? Just a way to avoid having to click in an entry, read it, go back to contents page, click a new entry.

Also it would make more sense to me to have the oldest entry at the bottom, new ones added to the top of the contents page?
Hello @chimaera,

These are the following features coming to the Journals very soon.
  1. Tank Journals display in their category in order of latest post. So, in the Nano Tanks category for example, the journals will display as latest post first in a descending order. (Just like normal threads do)
  2. Updates in tank journals will display in a Thread Creation order. This means the order of the updates will be sticky in the journal. This will start from the newest thread first and display in a descending order.
  3. Previous Update | Next Update - This will also be implemented in order to make the reading of the journal similar to the reading of a book.

Thanks.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012

I'm not on a computer now so I can't double check, but I'm sure I saw a previous and next button in my journal last night?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I'm not on a computer now so I can't double check, but I'm sure I saw a previous and next button in my journal last night?
Hello @Buddy,

This feature was being bug tested yesterday. It will appear when stable.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hello @chimaera,

These are the following features coming to the Journals very soon.
  1. Tank Journals display in their category in order of latest post. So, in the Nano Tanks category for example, the journals will display as latest post first in a descending order. (Just like normal threads do)
  2. Updates in tank journals will display in a Thread Creation order. This means the order of the updates will be sticky in the journal. This will start from the newest thread first and display in a descending order.
  3. Previous Update | Next Update - This will also be implemented in order to make the reading of the journal similar to the reading of a book.

Thanks.
Awesome!