Reef Discussion

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Tagging Lfs From Wholesale
Having connected to wholesale FB page, i noticed they post up pics with no price and retail LFS snap them by commenting sold Aquaristic, sold RSA, sold Eastwood Aquarium, sold Deer Park etc.

But some people, normal customers can sometimes let their LFS know that they wanted that coral and comments Deer Park I want that, Aquaristic i want that, Something Fishy i want that, Le Aquatic I want that and so on.

My question is ok sold but how much would they know it'll cost them?

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
My guess is they have access to a wholesale price list.

Which the general public is not privy to.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
^^ This. The wholesale lists are usually sent out weekly to the shops. Generally speaking, they grade the quality of the coral, so a plain green hammer would be Plain green hammers Small = XX, Med = XX and so on. When they think they have something a little more special, some will say, A grade, Ultra, Master grade etc.

The LFS would in most cases know that they usually pay XX for a Medium size special looking coral, they also know how much most people will pay for said special coral, however, there are exceptions and some LFS will gouge your eyeballs, take you left nut and unborn first baby if they think you'll pay for that special bit of flubber.