Reef Discussion

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Sydney Shop Stock Alert
As I passed through a few shops in Sydney this afternoon, I thought I might pass on info about one item someone on here might be interested in.

I am not advocating this store in anyway.

Hurstville Aquariums currently have a pair of Blood Shrimp for sale. I was told they were $120 each.

The same store has a small Rock Beauty for $280.

I would love to buy the last item, but realise how difficult they are to keep.

scottme

Apr 26, 2015
Lake Maquarie
As I passed through a few shops in Sydney this afternoon, I thought I might pass on info about one item someone on here might be interested in.

I am not advocating this store in anyway.

Hurstville Aquariums currently have a pair of Blood Shrimp for sale. I was told they were $120 each.

The same store has a small Rock Beauty for $280.

I would love to buy the last item, but realise how difficult they are to keep.
I bought a Redline from them a few weeks ago, seems to be doing well. Those bloods looked pretty good.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I can't sell Blood shrimp here for $30 each. Queen angels are sponge feeders, Formula foods makes a sponge eaters diet that works wonders. I had one back in the 80s that did really well, but that tank had lots of fresh collected Florida live rock in it. I'm sure it ate a ot of the chicken liver sponges that were growing on the rocks.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Yeah, I have heard that the Rock Beauty's are as hard to keep as the Queen Angels. Good to hear there is some hope, but don't think I'm up for the responsibility at this stage.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Today I passed through another couple of aquariums and noted that Aquaristic have one Sunburst Anthias left. Looks very pretty.

They also have a lovely Orchid Dottyback, but I wasn't going to tell you about that. It would probably be best if some bought it before I do.

Newtown Aquariums have some small Purple Tangs.