Help / Suggestions

Suggestions
i think we should start adding some new functions into the site to attract attention
Like MASA's TOTM , TOTY and maybe even a Tank of the Day and Tank of the Week
i think their should be a new forum in here that should celebrate our Tanks
and maybe use the pollign system and whoever gets the most amount of votes that day , week , month and year receives a certain amount of credits :D

we should get some busineses on the site aswell :D put their advertising up so we can start attraction a larger crowd !!! Eventully to Overtake other Australian Forums...not thats it about winning... hahaha

we could even maybe have a calender identifying birthdays , anniversaries and integrate my idea of the polling for tank of the day , week , month and year to show who got what where :D

Once again i would happily help with the organization and ahem Moderating of any of these ideas :)
thanks
Tim

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
i think we should start adding some new functions into the site to attract attention
Like MASA's TOTM , TOTY and maybe even a Tank of the Day and Tank of the Week
i think their should be a new forum in here that should celebrate our Tanks
and maybe use the pollign system and whoever gets the most amount of votes that day , week , month and year receives a certain amount of credits :D

we should get some busineses on the site aswell :D put their advertising up so we can start attraction a larger crowd !!! Eventully to Overtake other Australian Forums...not thats it about winning... hahaha

we could even maybe have a calender identifying birthdays , anniversaries and integrate my idea of the polling for tank of the day , week , month and year to show who got what where :D

Once again i would happily help with the organization and ahem Moderating of any of these ideas :)
thanks
Tim
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestions :)
The moderators have been talking about a tank of the month competition, along with other things. Time will tell what happens with that.

There are a few reasons why I have not allowed sponsors on this site yet.

1: The member base is small at the moment. We would need more members for people to want to advertise.
2: I have not figured out a way for people to advertise without making the forums look messy. I have seen other forums with banners everywhere, and to me it looks messy and stupid. I am not going to make these forums look untidy just for people to advertise. When I figure out a way to make the users of The Reefuge happy with advertising, I will look into it more.

I also have had a concern raised with advertisers. It seems to me, that perhaps because someone is paying to advertise their service / product on a site, they may feel as though they should have special treatment. For example "Business A" pays The Reefuge to advertise their product "Business A Water Conditioner". A user buys this product and tests it out. They find that the product does not do what it claims it can, and the user has wasted their money on it.

The user reviews the product on the forums with a negative response. "Business A" writes to The Reefuge stating that they are paying for advertising and they do not wish for users to give negative reviews of their product and requests the review be taken down.

This does not sit well with me...

I would NEVER allow for something like that to happen. Everything is open on this forum, and no user be they admin, mod, content creator, sponsor, etc will ever get special treatment. I believe in honesty, it is what I expect on these forums, so therefor it is what is expected of me.

When I do decide for people to advertise on these forums I will need to look deeply in their partnerships with other sites to ensure they do not expect special treatment.

This is good and bad, as it will slow down prizes for competitions. Having said that, there is no reason why we could not hold a "raffle" in exchange for money donations and use that money to buy the prize for the competition. But that is still a while down the road.

Thanks again.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Another suggestion !!
how about a fish and coral species index... maybe in the wiki or a sticky in the fish section and the coral one in a sticky in the coral section ? maybe we could upload pic's of ur livestock and have our info updated similar to that on this site
http://saltwater.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/index.php
thanks
Hi Reefin,

The wiki is currently being populated with information. Once it is open to the public, all users will be able to contribute to it.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Thanks Reefin, it is appreciated :) I will let you know when the team decides how to go about doing it.