Reef Discussion

Cayc

Mar 7, 2018
Stores That Sell Nps
I'm currently setting up a Non photosynthetic reef as I have got to the point where my SPS are thriving and need another challenge.
But before i go too far, where can i get them.
Anyone know of a store that regularly gets any sort of nps in?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Your LFS will be able to order stuff from the cairns marine lists if you ask and they will have your standard dendros, tubs and gorgs when you start wanting things like balinos, rhizos, spings and things that are a lot less common, its best getting friendly with a collector.

I found one of the easiest to get access to is australian fish and coral exports, if you can get in their ear they will custom collect whatever you want (at a price though)

Cayc

Mar 7, 2018
I found one of the easiest to get access to is australian fish and coral exports, if you can get in their ear they will custom collect whatever you want (at a price though)
Any tips to "get in their ear", lol.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
lol i dunno, I just talk to the guy's heaps. If you are after something in particular and not having much luck I happy to try help if I can.

Im pretty sure its illegal now but Sydney actually has an awesome range of NPS in our harbour and surrounds that you used to be able to collect yourself.

Cayc

Mar 7, 2018
Im pretty sure its illegal now but Sydney actually has an awesome range of NPS in our harbour and surrounds that you used to be able to collect yourself.
Yeah, i know a few good spots that are thriving with some cool/interesting specimens. But like you said, i'm pretty sure collecting is illegal without some kind of permit.