Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Some More Bits
Pickup the sump yesterday :cum
Very nice job - no I just hope my calculations work :confused:
Also got the frame powdercoated - turned out great.
Got my dosing box, which will fit nicely.
Plenty of work to go on with now.
IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
The sump is set up with the overflow sock at the front so I can get to it easily. Behind that is room for a phos reactor.
The tank at the back is for RO water.
In the middle is for the Skimmer.
Front right hand side is the refugium so I can see whats going on in there. The water flow doesn't come through from the skimmer area, it's going to be fed from a manifold that comes off the return pump (I read an article that said the flow should be quite slower than the flow through the rest of the sump) It will then flow back into the return pump area at the back right hand corner.
So the flow will come into the sock (that sounds familiar :rolleyes) under into the skimmer area then under over under (bubble trap) into the return at the back.
Fingers crossed I've got it worked out correctly.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
So glad the powder coating worked well, much better than paint. Looks amazing. Great job.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Been giving Bunnings a bit of a hiding lately with bits and bits and more bits!!!
Shit it certainly adds up doesn't it.
I'm expecting the staff to do Daaaavvvveee like Norm in Cheers soon when I walk in.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Been giving Bunnings a bit of a hiding lately with bits and bits and more bits!!!
Shit it certainly adds up doesn't it.
I'm expecting the staff to do Daaaavvvveee like Norm in Cheers soon when I walk in.
Yap I returned $87 in random plumbing bits after my project. Thinking I'll get back about $12 was stoked about that until I went to get touch up paint for around my light switches , bloody paint was $84 since it only comes in 4liter for Dulux Flat professional white with colour tint . Bangs head as still got 4 liters left.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I've never thought of taking parts back - I just imagined that one day I'd have my own hardware store from the leftovers.
My uncles a hippie and has 7 volvos as spares hates throwing stuff out , his wife on the other hand has a brand new electric car .... He says I am minamalist.