Off-Topic

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Snork/diving
Went for a dive today around Shelly Beach bay and seen some really cool fish around.. I wish a had a GoPro to film some of them.. It's the time of year we start seeing sub-trop species cruising around and only should get better.. Anyways I've borrowed a few pics of some of the species I seen today.. Amazing stuff
Anampses_caerulepunctatus.jpg

Anampses caerulepunctatus - Diamond wrasse

drummer-fish-01.jpg

Silver Drummer

notolabrus_gymnogenis.jpg

Stacks of female Crimson-banded Wrasse.. No males in shore yet

Parma_oligolepis.jpg

Big-scale Scalyfish

roceus.jpg

Spotted Sawtail.. Awesome fish, so friendly..
Also seen the usual bream and flathead, sweep, mados, whiting, Kelpfish and cales, few luderick and female blue groper.. Also seen this cool little blenny, have no idea what it was.. It looked like a bicolor but was jet black with a bright blue spot on it's dorsal fin.. As of yet there's no angels or butterflies around nor any volitan lionfish..

Anyone else have any diving pics?

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
That Anampses caerulepunctatus - Diamond wrasse is beautiful.

I actually caught a juvenile and not knowing what it was put it in my tank. Unfortunately, I have never seen it since.

Pity, only just looked through pictures in the web tonight and found out what it actually was.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Sub-Tropicals have arrive big time if anyone is interested in a snorkel around Sydney. I actually saw a Yellow Surgeonfish! Not sure if it was a Chocolate Surgeonfish or an Orangeshoulder Surgeonfish, but think it was the latter.

I am planning a snorkelling sessions at Shelly Beach in Manly on Sunday (21.02.2016) if anyone is interested. It will depend on the weather. Will probably commence at low tide at around 3pm.