The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Snail ID
Can anyone ID
snail.JPG

Original image:

DSC_4327.JPG

Apologies for crap photos - lights aren't up for another 3 hours or so, and given I haven't seen this fella before, I don't expect to see him when the lights are on. Nano hasn't been cleaned for a couple of days, so it's a bit messy in there.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Dunno - I have turbos in the tank, though their shells are all black, and I've seen a few other odd coloured shells around that are usually empty, but this fella is obviously still moving. If it is just a turbo, then all is well. That bit of rock is getting a bit hairy, so i'm sure it's enjoying the feed.
It's just the colour of it that got me....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Hard to tell from the photo, but I have turbos in a variety of colours, including black/white - my guess would be a turbo.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
OK then. I'll go back to not worrying about it, and go back to being annoyed at having a dirty tank that I won't clean until tomorrow, and how damn slow RO/DI is to make.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I meant to take a photo under light, but got side tracked. Will see if I can get a better photo next week when I get back.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
lookd like a turbo to me. Does it hat a thick operculum that blocks its entrance when it goes into its shell. If so, it is a turbo