Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Skimmer recomendation and comparisons
Skimmer Reviews by members

AQUA MEDIC
Aqua Medic Turboflotor SL Multi
this is currently set up over a 250 litre fish pond in my garage where I have my LR waiting for the tank.
I love it, it is easy to use, easy to adjust, easy to clean, no fancy bits and pieces..so not that I have anything to compare it to but am very happy.
"review taken from rosechaser"

Marine Sources
Marine Sources devil series RDC 850
was a good skimmer at first am having some issues with it cant put my finger on what is causing it, i believe it could be the pump (4 months old)
"matt green"

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
I might start here as a newbie....I was so overwelmed with the choice of skimmers, was wishing for a Choice magazine type place to do research but was unsuccesful.

As I looked around LFS's I noticed a lack of display of the various types so ended up contacting a couple of distributors...as well as recommend retailers they helped narrow it down to at least 1 or 2 models...so that helped.

Then I started looking at cost and after falling over the price of Deltec and Tunze finally settled on an Aqua Medic Turboflotor SL Multi.....this is currently set up over a 250 litre fish pond in my garage where I have my LR waiting for the tank.

I love it, it is easy to use, easy to adjust, easy to clean, no fancy bits and pieces..so not that I have anything to compare it to but am very happy.

I have a bubblemagnus nac-7. I absolutely love it. THe skimate is thick and adjustment is easy. For it's average price of aorund 250 it is a very good skimmer. Highly recommend it.

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
well i just picked up my skimmer last night i got a reef octopus 3000 3x it is huge prob a big over kill on my tank but it was not too old and at a good price will let ever one no how it is once tank is up and running getting so much closer to firing up this tank up