Reef Discussion

curly747

Aug 13, 2013
Curl Curl
Six Line Wrasse
My six line wrasse jumped out of the tank the other day and landed on the computer desk. Unfortunately, my son, who is on youtube almost 24 hours a day did not notice him there. The wrasse looked almost as beautiful in death as he did in life so i must have found him within a day of the well placed jump. I say well placed because there are almost no gaps in the tank cover except for pump return. I didn't take a picture because i think that would have been a little bit morbid. I am very curious to see if pods now return to the tank. I had a lot of pods pre wrasse and pre a couple of other fish but have always suspected the wrasse did the clean out job on them based on what i read on reefuge and on the net.

Last edited:

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Depending on how good it was at hunting the pods, you may have none left in the tank. Some would suggest that a six line is not a good choice for a reef tank because they will decimate the micro fauna.

Maybe you can grab some macro algae off someone who has pods to reintroduce some to your tank.

Last edited:

curly747

Aug 13, 2013
Curl Curl
Maybe you can grab some macro algae off someone who has pods to reintroduce some to your tank.
Is macro algae the best way to get some? I was thinking of getting a bit of live rock didn't really know how to get pods back in the tank.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Some rock could also work.

With macro, you can just shake it under the water to get most of the pods into your tank, including any small ones.