Reef Discussion

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Securing A Coral.
OMG. I have this hammer coral. I love it. But damn. It is too top heavy.

What can I do?! Can I glue it? Can I use epoxy and give it a bigger based so it's more steady?

Advice, products and methods would be much appreciated!! :)

Thanks all.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Wedge it in a rock or you could hold it down with something like Aqua Kneed-it.

E

ezza

Tunze coral epoxy is alright. I have never had great luck with Aqua knead it. I think it's too dry.

I like two little fish epoxy, but the last tube I got from RRR was off and the damn grey centre was very hard and it just would not blend so I wasted money and had to throw the entire tube away.

http://www.reefdelivered.com.au/two-little-fishies-aquastik-epoxy-putty-coralline-red-57g/
If you can get epoxy that's guaranteed not to have sat on a shelf for months, you will do very well with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
I use aqua knead it and Loctite superglue gel.

I find aqua knead it good for getting the base of a hammer etc to be stable on an uneven surface, and usually good enough to leave it as is.

I used the Loctite to glue down my gsp, that stuff if awesome, and super easy to use.

KoNP

Jan 5, 2015
I've had people recommend me/swear by this stuff:

ai.imgur.com_i60cYch.jpg

You can pick it up from bunnings in the paint and patching area. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but apparently it's extremely similar to another water-mix concrete compound "specifically designed" for coral (that is therefore 10x the price).