Reef Discussion

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I actually got in contact in regards to importing corals etc. from overseas, unfortunately the big problem is there is no rules or guidelines in regards to it so it is illegal to do so. which is a bugger. but until they bring in rules, legislation etc. it wont happen!

the scallops look cool though! :D

The Sentinel

Jul 20, 2011
you could possible also boost your bacterial counts by employing carbon dosing, i think inverts like this are best suited to skimmerless tank design tho.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
anyone, let me know if you source these. I can supply you with live phytoplankton (Nanochloropsis occularis) to help feed them :-)

The Sentinel

Jul 20, 2011
I actually got in contact in regards to importing corals etc. from overseas, unfortunately the big problem is there is no rules or guidelines in regards to it so it is illegal to do so. which is a bugger. but until they bring in rules, legislation etc. it wont happen!

the scallops look cool though! :D
Don't know who you contacted but you definitely can not import freshwater or marine invertebrates to australia, big rule about that one, and pretty much 0% chance of that ever changing (high security research facilities excepted), there are strict rules and guidelines on all live importations, list is available here (http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/trade-use/lists/import/pubs/live-import-list.pdf) . Only marine invert that i know that you can import is Artemia salina.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I wouldn't mind trying one in my sump, it is dark in there, high flow and lots of bacteria for it to feed on :-) If Darren can source on, hopefully we can work something out!