Tank Journal Archive

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Does the cupboard have a cut out at the bottom of the stand behind the door? This allows the chiller to suck fresh air thru and allows the chiller to run a lot more efficiently.

Nov 15, 2012
Just want to get peoples opinion on Livestock for this... (and relax I wont be putting them in this week. Most likely not till mid Jan :cool: fingers crossed.)

So...
Coral Goby - Rocky Currently in Nano
Red Line Cleaner Shrimp - Jacques Currently in Nano
2xPeppermint shrimp - Pepper and Mint Currently in Nano

(NB: all names above besides Rocky, where made up on the fly. Interested to see if they stick ;))

2xPercula Clowns - Paid and living at LFS :), Really unsure about taking the free BTA they are hosting (is it wrong to take them away from there nem if they have hosted it???)

Thinking a flame hawk, and a catalina goby (if I can find one) and that will be about it :)

Anyone have any suggestions??

Also, only adding the 2 clowns and rocky in mid jan then 3-6mths down the track might look at the others, after they do a 1-2mth stint in my Nano.

I currently have a torch coral in the nano and will transfer to 130 at some point, I have heard some corals cant be near one another. where can I read about this? or what should I be searching for??? Not finding much but I figure it is out there somewhere just need to be looking for the right thing.

@leodb89 I will PM you after I get home from work ;) as you are super keen :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
MTG had a lot of fish lol...but all jokes aside the catalina will only really do well if you can keep ur tank temp 24 and below...almost like the deeper water anthias that are harder to keep

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
id hold off on the free nem the tank wont be established when you add it and will potentially stress it out and die....clowns are hoes they be like mmm a nem lemme stick witchu dawg and then then it leaves or a better nem, torch, hammer or toadstool comes....dat aint my nem dawg she jus some nem that i used to know

Nov 15, 2012
Got a serious Micro Bubble issue. It is giving me the shits... :mad:

It is only 1 of the 2 power heads that does it. Will have to pull it apart on the w/end and see whats crackin...

I thought buy 86ing the carbon out of there it would fix that issue... but not the case :(

Does anyone have any ideas?

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
It is a restriction of flow getting to the pump pipes from memory. Are you still running the sponge in the first chamber? If so, cut it in half or remove it all together. It isn't really required. If any of the filter material is fine at all that will slow the flow down and cause the micro bubbles. They are a bitch but once gone the tank should run sweet. Oh yeh, another solution is to extend the intake pipes on the bottom of the pumps.
Good luck

Nov 15, 2012
It is a restriction of flow getting to the pump pipes from memory. Are you still running the sponge in the first chamber? If so, cut it in half or remove it all together. It isn't really required. If any of the filter material is fine at all that will slow the flow down and cause the micro bubbles. They are a bitch but once gone the tank should run sweet. Oh yeh, another solution is to extend the intake pipes on the bottom of the pumps.
Good luck
What are the Pros and Cons on the filter in the first chamber??

Last chamber only has the bio filter media. I have a canister with the coarse sponge in it but after a few mths will get rid of it.

Whats peoples opinions on what I should have in the canister?

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
What are the Pros and Cons on the filter in the first chamber??

Last chamber only has the bio filter media. I have a canister with the coarse sponge in it but after a few mths will get rid of it.

Whats peoples opinions on what I should have in the canister?
Pro. it catches a lot of dirt and stuff from your tank, that is why the best thing is to half it's sizes.
Cons. If it is too fine... Micro bubbles

Nov 15, 2012
OK Update time.

I fixed the Micro bubble issue. For now... we will see what happens...

everything is still kicking along nicely :)

Might move my torch Coral over on the weekend from my Nano, and maybe my 2 peppermints. Then next week thinking of rocky and his new best friend the red line cleaner shrimp :)

I will check my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate again in the morning but so far all is good :)

Need to tidy the cabinet a little, and if I can find a good deal I might buy myself a little present on the weekend. Not sure yet could be an MP10WES, maybe a piece of Coral, Maybe some more well seasoned rock... don't know. will have to wait and see :cool:

Nov 15, 2012
Amonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate... wierdly 0ppm...

anyway. So Coral Goby (Rocky) is in his new home :) and the 2 peppermints and also the red line cleaner and torch coral are in there new home :) the RSM 130D :) :)

Tomorrow MP10WES may happen... we will see... Possibly a coral or so and pick up my clowns (LFS are keen for me to get them...)