Tank Journal Archive

Nov 15, 2012
As @MTG says, light is the main thing this coral needs. But lobos do also like spectrum pellets, mysis, prawn ... anything like that. Would be good actually to see if it eats by placing a pellet or mysis on/near its mouth.
Thanks. I will have a crack at it in the morning.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
You have a nice lookin tank! I recon that crap is a blue swimmer, still got it? I chowed down on a couple tonight actually :)

Have you thought about mixing your own cal,alk and mag? If your still wondering what to dose.

Nov 15, 2012
You have a nice lookin tank! I recon that crap is a blue swimmer, still got it? I chowed down on a couple tonight actually :)

Have you thought about mixing your own cal,alk and mag? If your still wondering what to dose.
Thanks Sarg. I was also thinking blue swimmer but its his orange legs. He (Pinchy) is starting to get bigger still. Reckon he will make good eating if i can ever get him out...

I am using the 1-2-3 easy as stuff that most LFS have. I reckon it is stuff that they mix. different LFS have there own logo on it. I have read up on people mixing there own... but I am a little lazy when it comes to that stuff. and what I am using is very cheap. I suppose if I had a larger aquarium I would do it.

I was actually thinking starting to use AquaVitro Fuel for the corals. I have not read a bad report yet. the Key is only do 2/3 the recommended dosage then after a week go down to 1/3 or a 1/4. People are raving about it. Its got me thinking it is prob too good to be true...

Nov 15, 2012
ok. So it has been identified by LFS. Def a type of blue swimmer. been told to try get him out as they eat CUC and Fish :( and what do you know I am missing my baby anthias :( and def one mandarin :(

So If anyone knows how to get this guy out without ripping my tank apart... please let me know.

Nov 15, 2012
Have you tried feeding it? If it starts to trust you for food ... then skewer it.
I only ever see it sifting through the sand.

I just tried ye olde method of tying a slip knot in some fishing line. 3 attempts he got caught up in it every time but has wedged himself in a canyon in the rock and just starts pulling on the line and all my rock shifts. now the BTA is pissed off. Hope he does not decide to move...

then uses his claws to free himself from the line...

I am researching ways of catching. My problem is he only lives under all the rock. never seen him come out into the open which sucks

Nov 15, 2012
Little bit sad for him. It was cool.

But think he ate a few fish so I had to go. thinking of re setting up my Nano as a blue swimmer tank... Missus did not like that idea :banghead

Nov 15, 2012
SHIT.... I was on page 2 so time for an update I reckon :)

OK. so busy couple of weeks :)

I received an outstanding package from my very good friends @naqua and @chimaera the best in the business :D

photo-19.JPG
photo22.JPG

These guys have squared me away with some outstanding products which I will tell you all about in another post :)

I am waiting on a few parts from AOA then all shall be revelled :):)

All my parameters are good. fish are happy. could not find my Anthia this morning and then there it was in the skimmer cup. Must have jumped in their and then thought "WTF how do I get out of here"

Also got a rock from my LFS with Rics on it. awesome. a bit low key to start but will ramp up to some nice ones.

Next purchase after this will prob be a frag rack from my mates @naqua so I can start fragging some corals :):)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
:eek that is a nice business card!

;)

Wow was the anthia okay after swimming around in your skimmer gunk?

Nov 15, 2012
:eek that is a nice business card!

;)

Wow was the anthia okay after swimming around in your skimmer gunk?
Not like my skimmer skimmer... the RSM 130D has a surface skimming cup in the tank which puts the water through the filter. so bad choice of words on my part...

but if it can jump into that it could prob get into the inbuilt sump at the back...

and I would have to agree... Very nice business card... I think @MTG would even have to agree ;)

Reactions: MTG
Nov 15, 2012
WOOHOO :):):):)

So received part 2 today from Age Of Aquariums :):)

A new Hydor Slim Skim Nano, 2 x Eheim Compact 600's and some Coral Glue :):)

So this weekend hopefully will Upgrade the already awesome RSM130D to an even more awesome tank :):)

A side note, I have the bug for some nice unique rics at the moment does anyone have some awesome colours????

Nov 15, 2012
What a shit day. Ok so the Hydor Slim Skim Nano does not fit with the media basket upgrade :(

So disappointed. so went to LFS and got a Nano Doc Tunze 9002. shit it is loud. It is louder than my stock skimmer cant believe it. It fits in with the stock cup but you have to remove the cup to fully open the hood. No big drama but when I save up some more cash I will have to speak to my mates over at @naqua to get the in tank skimmer cup.

Upgraded return pumps but the flow seems to be about the same as the stock units on full. However, No Micro bubbles :):)

naqua

Sep 22, 2012
Sandringham
What a shit day. Ok so the Hydor Slim Skim Nano does not fit with the media basket upgrade :(

So disappointed. so went to LFS and got a Nano Doc Tunze 9002. shit it is loud. It is louder than my stock skimmer cant believe it. It fits in with the stock cup but you have to remove the cup to fully open the hood. No big drama but when I save up some more cash I will have to speak to my mates over at @naqua to get the in tank skimmer cup.

Upgraded return pumps but the flow seems to be about the same as the stock units on full. However, No Micro bubbles :):)
Shame about the hydor, and surprised you find the 9002 loud - give it a few days or week to break in, should be quiet.

Nov 15, 2012
OK. Reading a lot of you saying that the Tunze should be quiet etc etc... tomorrow I am going to pull it apart and see whats happening. It has a brand new from the box pump and I am starting to think the LFS may have f*#ked up when they installed it.

Also will be doing a full suite of tests to see where I am at.