Help / Suggestions

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
Rotating avatar picture? Not uploading the right way..
Hi guys.

Sorry if this is really obvious, but: my avatar pictures (taken with an iPhone) will not upload the correct way! They're always flipped vertically. Is this due to the dimensions of the iPhone photos? Am I able to crop and have iPhone photos the correct way (I'm assuming I can)?

I used an editing program to rotate the original picture to the right, then saved an uploaded to try and correct this but as you can see by my avatar, it's still clearly the wrong way.

Anyone know how to get my picture the right way!?

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
Uploaded..and it's the wrong way again :( Perhaps this is something with iPhone photos? It's definitely the right way when viewed on my computer..?

I must be doing something wrong, and I bet it's simple and obvious..ha.

EDIT: Trying a photobucket upload to see how that goes..
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y51_xxElusivexx_photo_5.jpg

Attachments

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
Okay, I have sorted it! I tried for like 30 mins, then make a thread, and of course - I figure it out straight after embarrassing myself! No idea why it's happening though, must be something on my end.

Uploaded it to photobucket, saved it again, then uploaded it and it worked.

All good now, sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the prompt reply!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello Mel22,

The file will upload as it is saved on the device. If you turned your phone to its side when you took the photo, it will upload the photo in the same way. You can use a photo editor to crop and rotate images.

I also tried uploading your photo the right way up, and it worked for me, so I am unable to reproduce this error. Please let me know if you need anymore help.

Thanks.

P.S - Asking a question is never wasting anyones time, as people learn from the answers.

Okay, I have sorted it! I tried for like 30 mins, then make a thread, and of course - I figure it out straight after embarrassing myself! No idea why it's happening though, must be something on my end.

Uploaded it to photobucket, saved it again, then uploaded it and it worked.

All good now, sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the prompt reply!
i have to use photobucket aswell i cart upload on the reefuge i dont no why it just dont work ?

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
No problem - thanks for the reply. My phone was the right way up when taking, and when viewed on editing software it loaded correctly so it confused me. Probably something glitchy on my end.

josh - I can upload from my computer all okay, hopefully Admin can help you on that one.