Help / Suggestions

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Hello @megsez,

How did you go with the loading time? Is it working better now?

Thanks.

HAHA between running my media server of this PC,Kids watching movies and wife using internet and working haven't had a chance to re set the modem. In saying that though Reefuge loaded quickly and did it first go tonight

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Just reset my modem and tried using the dreaded internet Explorer and was still not loading. Back to the drawing board. Wonder if Virus software interfering???

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
Sorry to rehash old post but I have been having kinda similar probs recently.

ESP while in chat once the chat fills the chat box it doesn't scroll up but starts to overlap the text thati out in then the other person posts and it refreshes the chat box to normal again.

After a little while of this maybe 5 min the screen will not refresh any more and I can't access reefuge at all after this for a while.

I am on laptop at work wired connection not issues with other sites at the time.

Any suggestions.

Site seems to work fine on my ipad but obviously I can't access the chat on ipad........:(

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @chrisg_75,

The problem is a mixture of two things.

1) Your browser is having issues with the chat software. You will need to update your browser. If you are using internet explorer I would highly suggest switching to Firefox.
2) If you have too many connections to The Reefuge, the server will identify you as a potential attacker and ban your IP from the server. For normal browsing this is fine, but if you have 10 windows open, with 10 chats going on, you quickly find yourself having 100 simultaneous connections to the server.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
2) If you have too many connections to The Reefuge, the server will identify you as a potential attacker and ban your IP from the server. For normal browsing this is fine, but if you have 10 windows open, with 10 chats going on, you quickly find yourself having 100 simultaneous connections to the server.
I suffer with this quite frequently because I browse through opening new tabs from the 'latest posts' list :( - have learned to only open 4 maximum which usually stops me from getting blacklisted (though I believe it has to do with the number of images a thread has too).

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Im still having problems even with just one window open. Have just learnt to live with it. I can hit the back button on my browser because that stuffs it as well

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Im still having problems even with just one window open. Have just learnt to live with it. I can hit the back button on my browser because that stuffs it as well
Hello @megsez,

Can you please state the exact problem you are having, and if possible state what you believe may be triggering the problem. This should not be happening, and currently I believe it may be a problem at your end. However, we can further troubleshoot this problem and find out exactly what is going on.

Thanks.

E

ezza

I locked myself out I think. Not sure. I haven't been able to get the forum to load for days :p

E

ezza

Phew!! I figured that was the problem, but then thought maybe I broke it when I forgot my password :p

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Hello @megsez,

Can you please state the exact problem you are having, and if possible state what you believe may be triggering the problem. This should not be happening, and currently I believe it may be a problem at your end. However, we can further troubleshoot this problem and find out exactly what is going on.

Thanks.

Hi Reefuge,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply it has been harder then usual to get on here. The issues I have are as Follows

1: If I hit the back button while I am on the Reefuge it will not load and come up with an error.Then it will not load the Reefuge for a couple of hours after
2: If I am on the Reefuge than go to another website the Reefuge will not load again for a couple of hours

This is the only web site that this happens on. I use Chrome and I have Also tried it on Internet Explorer and it does the same. I have also cleared all cach files and still the same. I also have restarted modems, Switches ect and still the same. I believe it probably is my end as I am the only one this is happening to.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @megsez,

Can you please show me the exact error that is displayed?

Just FYI, I was using Chrome the other night to work on the website, and it ran into problems. I suggest installing Mozilla Firefox and using that instead. If not, please update your Chrome browser to the latest version.

Please also make sure you have cookies and javascript enabled on your browser. These can be found in your browser settings.

Thanks.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Hello @megsez,

Can you please show me the exact error that is displayed?

Just FYI, I was using Chrome the other night to work on the website, and it ran into problems. I suggest installing Mozilla Firefox and using that instead. If not, please update your Chrome browser to the latest version.

Please also make sure you have cookies and javascript enabled on your browser. These can be found in your browser settings.

Thanks.
I will make sure they are enabled. I must say though I was having the same issues as Ezza those couple of days sins then (Today) No problems at all

I locked myself out I think. Not sure. I haven't been able to get the forum to load for days :p

E

ezza

I use Firefox on my pc and laptop, safari obviously on the I-things. I have always found chrome to be irritating. Mostly just because not that many sites are optimised for it.

I think I might have accidentally sent multiple requests to the server in too short a time frame and blocked myself when I forgot my password. In my head that makes sense. Then when I logged in the next day I did it slower and it was fine.