Reef Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
yes, I see my own mistake. The GST displayed upon checkout is the total GST included in the prices. The Pre-GST figure above is confusing because you first assume its the total of the products in the cart, where the total is actually the INC GST price below.
That is correct (as far as I can see). The display prices all include the GST, it is only when viewing more details it breaks it up, showing exactly what you are paying, thus, making Reef Secrets complying with the law.

Henry G

Oct 9, 2012
Brisbane
As you can see here this should clear confusion. The Shipping to my entered choice was $49.50 inc tax, in checkout it is $45.00, so less tax.

The Anthias is 20.90 in the total, 19.00 in subtotal... so less the tax. ?

Both taxes are combined to give the grand total... which I think is all fine?

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
Reef Secrets is a reputable and beautiful store. Well stocked with helpful, knowledgable staff.

This type of slander is unnecessary.

Darren has every right to be upset.

E

ezza

Thanks for the feed back Erin .. very nice .. guess your not human
Dude... It's an error on the ACCC website, not you (and it's you're as in "you are" not human...). I don't tend to make spelling errors, but it's a feature of the way my brain works- photographic memory for words.

(Edit- apart from that one little thing... I am entirely human and imperfect in every other way.)

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Wow! Way to shoot down one of the most reputable reef shops in the country. I've dealt with these guys for years and I have nothing but the highest of praise for Darren @Reefsecretsaquariums and his crew.

The GST has been here for 15 years now, you think people would have worked out how to shop with it by now.

In saying that though, everyone makes mistakes but it wouldn't hurt to see a public apology alongside this public accusation.

Disappointed for Darren and disappointed for The Reefuge

Just saying......

E

ezza

I have no doubt at all that Ian wasn't trying to harm anyone on purpose here. He has obviously had some trouble understanding the pricing on the website. Maybe it hasn't been sorted out properly... But no one needs to be upset about it. We all make mistakes as we are all human (well, I might not be). More than anything, compassion and love should be shown to Ian, not crucifixion for making an error. We all comprehend things differently and we can't forget that sometimes people may be affected by other factors such as health matters, that can impact on something others may find less challenging.

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
I'm not saying @ezza that Ian didn't make a mistake and that the comment wasn't made in error. Just saying that it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the error and appologize to Darren and retract the comment. After all, this is someone's business we are taking about. Their livelihood that no doubt they have put their heart and soul into. It's not just some petty schoolyard comment that is forgotten by home time. . A clear "WARNING" has been made to be wary of this vendor. We've heard from everyone about this except the one person that matters. Man up and apologise.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I also agree that the thread should be deleted, or at least removed from public view. Just the heading alone could be damaging to Reef Secrets IMO.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Strange thread... I personally looked into the matter and found no wrong-doing of Reef Secrets regarding their pricing on their website. It is not fair on them or the reef community to have false information floating around.

I have added a message to the original post of this thread stating this is not the case. This thread will remain open until I deem it necessary to be locked.

Thanks.

KoNP

Jan 5, 2015
Accidental libel is still libel. Ian needs to publicly retract his statements and issue an apology, unless he wants to leave himself open to a lawsuit from Reefsecrets claiming lost business due to it.

ToxicMel

Jul 18, 2013
Hervey Bay
I am honestly disgusted in this post. Firstly slandering a business when they have tried to explain the website to you, and then posting this post on the Reefuge, and then also highlighting the post on the Reefuge Facebook page? Get a calculator and figure it out. Smarten up Reefuge!

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Some people need to educate themselves being making a public post slandering a small business.

This post needs to be removed before any legal action may take place in light of the slanderous actions of the minority.

Ian has been online many times but fails to pop his head into this discussion for the fear of further embarrassment.

Ian contacted Reef Secrets via an online enquiry regarding the supposed issue.

1. Reef Secrets responded advising him of the way the pricing is structured
2. Reef Secrets provided alternate contacts e.g.; email, phone, Facebook for him to contact them to discuss further.
3. Reef Secrets called his phone without answer

and finally, Reef Secrets has done no wrong, Ian has by making assumptions before posting.

By leaving this post up, people will see this slanderous topic heading and make conclusions without opening the post.

Remove ASAP or the matter will be taken further.

Ok firstly I'm very sorry Ezza I miss understood .. And yeah I'm a bad speller So just thought everyone was kicking me when I'm down lol

Ok look I don't care if the post is left up but please just edit the tittle maybe just add "NOT" and the end .

Thanks to everyone who stood up for us . Much appreciated . I don't mind Ian people make mistakes . Just change the tittle as Tang is right it could put fear into someone who never bought from us before . Other than that get back to reefing ..

Here in fact how about let's have a competition here on Reefuge . Post up the best picture of something in your tank and who Evers gets the most likes will get a free bottle of amino acids 250ml ..

Rules are as follows
1- must be from your own tank
2- must be recent as in taken no longer than 2 weeks ago .
3- post in this thread
Competition ends this coming Sunday night at 7pm .

Have fun

Last edited:

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Ok firstly I'm very sorry Ezza I miss understood .. And yeah I'm a bad speller

Ok look I don't care if the post is left up but please just edit the tittle maybe just add "NOT" and the end .

Thanks to everyone who stood up for us . Much appreciated . I don't mind Ian people make mistakes . Just change the tittle as Tang is right it could put fear into someone who never bought from us before . Other than that get back to reefing ..

Here in fact how about let's have a competition here on Reefuge . Post up the best picture of something in your tank and who Evers gets the most likes will get a free bottle of amino acids 250ml ..

Rules are as follows
1- must be from your own tank
2- must be recent as in taken no longer than 2 weeks ago .
3- post in this thread
Competition ends this coming Sunday night at 7pm .

Have fun
Good show I will make it an offical competition for you on here if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.