Reef Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ezza

Ok firstly I'm very sorry Ezza I miss understood .. And yeah I'm a bad speller So just thought everyone was kicking me when I'm down lol

Ok look I don't care if the post is left up but please just edit the tittle maybe just add "NOT" and the end .

Thanks to everyone who stood up for us . Much appreciated . I don't mind Ian people make mistakes . Just change the tittle as Tang is right it could put fear into someone who never bought from us before . Other than that get back to reefing ..

Here in fact how about let's have a competition here on Reefuge . Post up the best picture of something in your tank and who Evers gets the most likes will get a free bottle of amino acids 250ml ..

Rules are as follows
1- must be from your own tank
2- must be recent as in taken no longer than 2 weeks ago .
3- post in this thread
Competition ends this coming Sunday night at 7pm .

Have fun
Darren, honey, all is well... Sorry I wasn't clearer in my jest at the errors of bureaucracy. I find spelling errors in official documents the absolute height and pinnacle of comedy... I am the biggest nerd there is for spelling- and now my online facade of being the cool and sex crazed maniac is completely shattered... It's the one thing I was good at from a young age my abusive Mother couldn't tear me down for. Also... You've seen my Hello Kitty toothbrush. That means we're tight mate. *nods*

On the subject of toothbrushes and only vaguely related... A psychiatrist I used to see when dealing with Postnatal Depression once pulled out a musical Hannah Montana toothbrush that played the song "Nobody's Perfect". It just made sense at the time but I think it still applies. So in the way that I do to diffuse tension inappropriately... I leave you with this...

*-_* JaZz HaNdS *_-*

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Some people need to educate themselves being making a public post slandering a small business.

This post needs to be removed before any legal action may take place in light of the slanderous actions of the minority.

Ian has been online many times but fails to pop his head into this discussion for the fear of further embarrassment.

Ian contacted Reef Secrets via an online enquiry regarding the supposed issue.

1. Reef Secrets responded advising him of the way the pricing is structured
2. Reef Secrets provided alternate contacts e.g.; email, phone, Facebook for him to contact them to discuss further.
3. Reef Secrets called his phone without answer

and finally, Reef Secrets has done no wrong, Ian has by making assumptions before posting.

By leaving this post up, people will see this slanderous topic heading and make conclusions without opening the post.

Remove ASAP or the matter will be taken further.
Welcome back @Tang.

1. A single member posted something he was obviously incorrect about. I looked into it personally and found that Reef Secrets had done nothing wrong. (The member was incorrect). You can see my post stating this earlier in the thread, but for your convenience, please click here to read my post.

2. If you go and read the OP's post, you will see that it was also modified by me in big red letters stating that OP was indeed incorrect and Reef Secrets does not mislead their customers.

3. Aside from OP, ALL other members who have replied to the thread have taken the side of Reef Secrets (at the time of this post). If a potential customer was to read it they would quickly realise OP's mistake.

4. This post will not be removed. We are an open discussion community where ALL parties get to have their say, this community serves both Businesses and Customers. Your employer had his say, who was quickly backed by the community, so I think this is fair.

And for future reference, any requests for thread/post removal should be sent to legal@thereefuge.com by your legal representative. This should include a direct link to the content you are seeking to be removed, and any other necessary legal documentation.

Thanks.

ToxicMel

Jul 18, 2013
Hervey Bay
Anyways as per Reef Secrets suggestion... Here is my picture. Taken just now. No flash camera work sorry. But my sweet "Nubby", who I bought from them recently after he was very beaten up and unwell. Still waiting for fins to grow back, a "hint" of streamers, but he definately has pride of place in my tank :) Oh and part of my growing blasto collection in the background ;)
nubby.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Your tank's gonna look awful bare when I leave Australia Mel, lol. :p I absolutely LOVE Blastos, but they're very expensive here. $60 for 3 polyps.

Rob69

Feb 10, 2014
Just found this thread and I also bought from Reefsecrets before and never ever had single issue. Once i had test vials damaged during transport, as we all now how parcels are handled by couriers in these days. Darren took care of it straight away and replaced them asap even though it wasn't technically his fault. Great customer service and great prices. Keep up the good work Darren

I think a lot of people should take 10 minutes and review the initial information before pointing fingers especially if it can have serious consequences for small businesses etc

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I personally think this thread should be taken down.

Type "reef secrets misleading pricing" into Google and this thread comes up.

If a would-be-buyer did the Google search and only read the summary results without delving into the discussion, the buyer might be turned off buying anything from Reef Secrets.

I think we should also keep in mind that there might be skeptical potential buyers who will read this whole thread and may think, "yeah this is just like those food websites, one customer writes a negative comment, then all the restaurants mates write really good comments to buoy the restaurant up."

I can fully understand that Thereefuge wants to be transparent and whilst I think this is great, I think that one has to remember that virtually the whole world is watching and that Reef Secrets could potentially suffer damage.

As far as I am aware, Thereefuge are in control of this thread and are the only ones that could take it down.

I know that in this forum we can be frank and so I will say, I don't want to be or sound like an arsehole, but has the reefuge considered whether they could be liable if Reef Secrets suffered damage? But even if Reef Secret would never hold thereefuge liable, does thereefuge really want to keep this type of discussion alive? Who does it help? I haven't looked into this, but it seems that one member has really fucked up. So be it, give them a slap on the hand, but don't keep it going like this.

I'd like to suggest that the moderators take all the good comments made about Reef Secrets in this thread and make a new thread in favour of Reef Secrets. This would show goodwill towards Reef Secrets.

Anyway, my 2cents worth. I am new here and don't want to get people off-side, but I am thinking of the best outcome for Reef Secrets, The Reefuge, and the member who made the original posting.

Cheers
Glenn

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi @Savage Henry

I am going to reply to your points here first, before putting up a big announcement on the website regarding this issue. But here is my quick response to your concerns.

I personally think this thread should be taken down.

Type "reef secrets misleading pricing" into Google and this thread comes up.

If a would-be-buyer did the Google search and only read the summary results without delving into the discussion, the buyer might be turned off buying anything from Reef Secrets.
So, firstly, that is not really a common search. By the same token you could also type in "Reef Secrets does not mislead pricing" in to Google and the same thread will appear. Also, please make note, the thread (page) title (as per Darren's request) does indeed state this is false.

I think we should also keep in mind that there might be skeptical potential buyers who will read this whole thread and may think, "yeah this is just like those food websites, one customer writes a negative comment, then all the restaurants mates write really good comments to buoy the restaurant up."
This is extremely unlikely as each member who has replied varies in membership duration. Some members who replied have been here for 3+ years and have accumulated a lot of "likes". This alone is enough for a person to assume that this is not the case.

As far as I am aware, Thereefuge are in control of this thread and are the only ones that could take it down.
I know that in this forum we can be frank and so I will say, I don't want to be or sound like an arsehole, but has the reefuge considered whether they could be liable if Reef Secrets suffered damage? But even if Reef Secret would never hold thereefuge liable, does thereefuge really want to keep this type of discussion alive? Who does it help? I haven't looked into this, but it seems that one member has really fucked up. So be it, give them a slap on the hand, but don't keep it going like this.
The Reefuge website is just a medium for users to discuss topics, nothing more. It is similar to Facebook in many ways. There are a whole bunch of strangers who are able to discuss topics. The Reefuge is not moderated like other forums on the internet. It is open and let's people say whatever they like.

I'd like to suggest that the moderators take all the good comments made about Reef Secrets in this thread and make a new thread in favour of Reef Secrets. This would show goodwill towards Reef Secrets.
And this is where I will show you my point of why it is important that information does not go missing.

Basically, we are going to take the comments that are in favour of the store, put them all in a thread, and then leave that content up for visibility. This system is just waiting to be abused. Furthermore, it also makes it look like we are covering something up for the store, which is not the case.

Suppose someone was to have had seen the first post in this thread before it was modified with added information. They come back to see the discussion gone and only good comments made. It will look very suspicious. It is better that the thread be left alone, as not only does is clear their name, but also shows proof that the OP was incorrect. It is not just a statement, it actually has evidence disproving OP.

The thread can be locked upon the request of Reef Secrets or OP. So far, neither have requested it to be locked.

I hope this clears up my position of why the thread will not be deleted.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I'm totally on @The Reefuge 's side here. One of the many reasons that I love this site is the lack of censorship, ability to speak your mind and not worry about over zealous moderators getting their knickers in a twist, and the fact that conversations such as this are, on the whole, conducted in an adult manner.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I guess if you were a member of the general public who Googled "Reef Secrets Pricing", i.e. when deciding to buy from Shop A or Shop B you might see the summary results and be turned off Reef Secrets.

I'll say no more as I don't now much about the legal side of this. On the equitable side however, continuing a conversation that really doesn't benefit either side? I would like to see it taken down

Chimaera, I do fully support your view, but in this discussion, I think there are much better topics to discuss.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Also the Reefuge has intervened noting however that Reef Secrets appears to be amenable to allowing it to stay open, so plea give my comments as little weight as you please.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Ian,

Big heads up to you for re-entering the discussion.

Why don't you tell us exactly what you saw on the website at the time you looked at the products on offer for sale and what it made you think at THAT time.

Cheers,
Glenn

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I agree with @Savage Henry regarding this issue. When making statements, it is always best to back it up with evidence. If no such evidence exists, it makes making a claim extremely difficult. Reef Secrets was able to easily provide proof of their stance. I highly suggest you do the same, otherwise this will just keep going around in circles.

Alternatively, if no such agreement can be reached, I suggest we lock the thread to avoid the repetition of the argument. Please advise.

Thanks.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Oh, I wasn't asking for evidence. I was asking simply for his subjective opinion.

You can show us all the evidence you like towards proving that what one has done is legally right, but what another really thought from that same evidence is another question. That's where equity comes in.

I could be totally wrong about all this, but give the guy a chance and if he was honestly mistaken then maybe the two can make up and you can get rid of this thread as if it never happened because it might just be that neither was absolutely wrong and that this could help each to improve themselves, hopefully uninhibited by this thread.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
To avoid further derailing I am going to lock the thread. The only two users who will be able to reply to it will be OP and the shop, this will be done at their request via a PM to me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.