Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
http://www.continuumaquatics.com/marine_wc/bacter_genm.php

Fantastic !!! Now you need to wait for two weeks while this product starts to work. Keep dosing as if a new aquarium set up.
Your tank may experience a bacteria bloom. This could take 3-4 days to clear.
I've turned my tank into a milky white soup a couple of times and it's been fine.
Chances are you wont experience that with the recommended dosage.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
http://www.continuumaquatics.com/marine_wc/bacter_genm.php

Fantastic !!! Now you need to wait for two weeks while this product starts to work. Keep dosing as if a new aquarium set up.
Your tank may experience a bacteria bloom. This could take 3-4 days to clear.
I've turned my tank into a milky white soup a couple of times and it's been fine.
Chances are you wont experience that with the recommended dosage.
OK thanks,what is a bacteria bloom please ?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
yes i have that , was wondering what was wrong
This is awesome.
Keep an eye on your skimmer over the next few days.

Was going to say hold off on the Nopox for the next two weeks.

How many days dosing in are you?

Last edited:

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Since you have a bacteria bloom and there is sufficient nutrients for them.
Hold off adding both the bacteria and Nopox until the water cloudiness has gone.
tested today, 100 nitrates 0.25 phos. salifert test kit, gold tip elegance has brown jelly decease, pulling my hair out

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
tested today, 100 nitrates 0.25 phos. salifert test kit, gold tip elegance has brown jelly decease, pulling my hair out
Get 1 liter of fresh clean salt water which should be relatively nitrate and phosphate free and add one or two marine pure balls from your sump , test that water after 30 mins and re test after a further 12-24 hours .
Something is a nitrate factory in your tank. Grab the marine pure samples from a couple of layers deep.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Get 1 liter of fresh clean salt water which should be relatively nitrate and phosphate free and add one or two marine pure balls from your sump , test that water after 30 mins and re test after a further 12-24 hours .
Something is a nitrate factory in your tank. Grab the marine pure samples from a couple of layers deep.
Frist test shows no nitrates and no phos

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Ok I have been doing some research and need advise please......400lt tank 2 foot high is my pump strong enough just maybe that is my problem with nitrates it is a Moray Aqua one 3600 flow rate 3600l\hr 79 watt. came with tank