Simon's timber trim

spwa

Feb 21, 2012
Clontarf QLD
Raspberry pi reefpi reefberry pi
So in my nature of things I love doing diy, so I have decided that I will Attempt to make a controller, mainly to cover power control, temperature, ATO and I guess from there see where it leads. Has anyone else done one? Any input would be gladly received.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I havent but im keen to see what you come up with. Ive always looked at the PI's but never had a reason to learn one (Im in IT for work so you would think that i would have played with one already)

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

Shornski

Apr 21, 2020
I've been playing around with reefpi on a Pi3 B+. I had a couple lying around from the days when running a media centre on them was a thing. When I started my tank I wanted upgrade my lights but didn't have the funds to by a decent light so when I found a 4ft illumagic blaze whose controller was dead I bought it and have been trying to control it with the pi.

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
From memory you can buy replacement controller panels for the blaze

Shornski

Apr 21, 2020
Where's the fun in that! Been watching robotank you tube videos. Very interesting. Got me thinking about ato and awc. My ato at the moment is a 20l drum gravity feeding into the sump via a float valve.

mcclown

Mar 12, 2017
I've been using Home Assistant, on a Raspberry Pi, to control my tanks (including google home integration for voice control)

One high level (tongue in cheek) write-up I did here: https://medium.com/@mcclown_38611/m...al-time-feedback-and-a-fish-tank-5a3a891cc0c1

Or there's the bigger thread that has been running for a long time. I've contributed support for Seneye and some of the AquaIllumination lights: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/going-to-next-level-of-aquarium-automation-whos-with-me/184