Reef Discussion

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
it never usualy works unless its a huge tank and i mean huge
I am wondering what you call huge. ? I don't regret trying, resulting in no deaths or tragedy all aggressors removed from tank immediately & moved to new homes. I personally think my tank is in the slightly larger side with minimal rock maximum hiding holes & plenty of swim room. I spoke to guy who has 2 shouls &. 2 Achilles & he says that the fact they are becoming territorial is actually a compliment that we have done a good job replicating a reef they wish to own & if that was not the case then we would actually have less aggression. So interesting. !

Mar 12, 2014
Newcastle
I am wondering what you call huge. ? I don't regret trying, resulting in no deaths or tragedy all aggressors removed from tank immediately & moved to new homes. I personally think my tank is in the slightly larger side with minimal rock maximum hiding holes & plenty of swim room. I spoke to guy who has 2 shouls &. 2 Achilles & he says that the fact they are becoming territorial is actually a compliment that we have done a good job replicating a reef they wish to own & if that was not the case then we would actually have less aggression. So interesting. !
yes your tank is larger then most i would not add more then 1 in less then 1000 L. Would be intresting where this guy you mentioned gets his info from. Sounds like he s trying to make himself feel better for cramming to many large fish into a tank.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
yes your tank is larger then most i would not add more then 1 in less then 1000 L. Would be intresting where this guy you mentioned gets his info from. Sounds like he s trying to make himself feel better for cramming to many large fish into a tank.
No he's a highly successful reef keeper & has had this tank with that collection for 8 yrs. been reefing for over 20yrs. Has been a huge help to us over the last few months. It's really sad that he has to keep such a low profile on his successes because of judgements & comments. I understand what your saying if fish are chucked in with no concern or regard. But I can assure you in our case this did NOT happen. Would also like to point out our tank is well over 1000lts. So I still say there was no harm in trying.

Mar 12, 2014
Newcastle
i never had a go at you i had the issue with the 200 L tank. And i dont care how well he thinks his tank is his info sounds incorrect.the fish he mentioned would need about 3000 L those fish

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
i never had a go at you i had the issue with the 200 L tank. And i dont care how well he thinks his tank is his info sounds incorrect.the fish he mentioned would need about 3000 L those fish
Hmm. I never said he had a 200lt tank. He actually as similar to us 1200ltr. Unless I miss typed.

Mar 12, 2014
Newcastle
no im talking about the other guy who posted. But yes that size tank ImO for those fish would still be to small. and agresion in a closed system is never a good sign of anything

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The 4 Centropyges got on quite well. What works for one might not work for someone else. I miscalculated, it was a 250 litre tank, 70 gallons.