Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Planted FW tanks
I Realy love what some people do with planted FW tanks. some look amazing.
post up some pics i remember someone on here had an amazing one maybe it was hillarys?

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I used to have a dope system but unfortunately I had to pull it down (moved away) I'd love to get another one up and going but they take alot of time which I could use on my reef tank. It was an amano inspired system with a glosso ground cover and native ludwigia and pogo all scaped nicely and trimmed, and a few native dwarf rainbows.. I miss that tank now I think about it :cry

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I currently have 2 (neglected) planted tanks both of which have mineralized top soil substrate and DIY overdriven T8 fluros, one only has a large synodontis catfish, and the other has cherry red shrimp and endlers livebearers (like a dwarf guppy). I neglect one because it is under the other and really hard to get to and the top one I neglect because I am lazy! I am going to merge them both into one tank soon so that it is easier to maintain as they are both majorly overgrown.

I will upload a pic later if your interested but they are really nothing spectacular.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My main planted tank currently only contains some rapidly growing java ferns and some crypt willissi that my cichlids keep uprooting since I changed the substrate a few weeks ago. Tank has CO2 injection, but the probe is worn out, so it hasn't run for a while. Currently tank looks like crap. No pics of this one. Currently waiting on doing a major planting fest - when I can afford a few hundred on good plants and a new probe. My two footers are both planted, but one is feral, and the other is more java ferns, and a mass of java moss in the corner for the million guppies to attempt to keep breeding and overstock it more. No pics of that, or the RSPCA will probably come arrest me.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Synodontis, you can have a look tomorrow and you'll see why no pics :D
Oh, I was over the road from your work yesterday having a look at their um.. marine setup. Sorry.. going OT :D

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
if you want to see a jungle-here it is. Only low light plants but have GROWN+++ under LEDS. Only came across the amano type tanks etc after my tank had been up and running for ages. Was too lazy to start over and remove the gravel etc so decided to just go with what I had-fish love it though-many more fish in this tank but smaller ones.Going to need a lawnmower soon;)
updated serene1.JPG