Reef Discussion

pink hard coral i.d plz guys
ok 5 days ago i changed my tank around a bit well some base rock that i move out that had been under live rock had little pick hard corals i think, well now that they have been under the light for 5 days they have grown so i took a few pics to show you guys see what you think ?? hear are the pics

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_IMG_0141.jpg

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_IMG_0142.jpg

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_IMG_0137.jpg

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_IMG_0138.jpg

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I have been lead to believe they are just sponges, I have a few on my rocks also. Dont know exactly what they are though

[Broken External Image]:http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-07/rs/images/image004.jpg
Figure 3. A Homotrema rubrum; about one-third of an inch high.
The rhizopodia are feeding structures.

The other forams found in our aquaria are less evident, but more typical in shape. Some individuals may actually be about as large as Homotrema and they are often far more abundant. In some aquaria, these are actually the most abundant "animal-like" organisms. And they generally are completely overlooked. They are usually colored some shade of white, beige or tan, although some common species are pink. These species are typically spherical, ovoid, or discoidal and can't be identified to species without specialized references. Sometimes they may be seen crawling on rocks, algae, or tank walls, but most of the time they are found in the sediments. Many of them are about the size of a sesame seed.