Help / Suggestions

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Photos
Always been a bit of a pain to me, but there is likely a valid reason.

But the inserting photos as thumbnails, they take forever to load, really annoys me.

Any way to get rid of this option and just have all photos inserted as a certain size?

Kirky

Nov 23, 2012
@MagicJ feel free to do that to my TJ haha,

I know it's a little off topic but still photo related I just want to know if it's me being a nub before i create a thread, But is there an option to have a photo gallery on your profile page similar to social media

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello,

I am not sure what the question here is. If you want to add photos as full size in a batch, simply select it at the top of your photo list :) I believe I have misunderstood what was asked though.

Thanks.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I mean when someone uploads as a thumbnail, it takes forever for it to open when you click on it. I think it would be a much better option to have all photos upload as a full photo )limited to a certain size).

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @aussieant32

Why not just upload all your photos and click the "Insert all images as full" button? This will prevent the popup window. I can look into speeding it up though.

Thanks.

Kirky

Nov 23, 2012
@The reffuge I also had a sub question with the photo's as to weather or not that on our profile pages we could have an image gallery similar to that of our social media pages

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
@The reffuge I also had a sub question with the photo's as to weather or not that on our profile pages we could have an image gallery similar to that of our social media pages
Hello @Kirky,

This is currently being looked into. You will see something shortly though.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @aussieant32,

This is some information for anyone who is interested. The lightbox (image viewer) loads thumbnails as they are clicked. It does NOT preload them.

If images were preloaded, the lightbox would display images instantly. But here is an example of what issues that will cause.

Thread has 50mb of images in total.

Now: Thread is loaded and each image is loaded when clicked. This means there is a delay in the image loading, but the thread loads up quickly.

Preload: You must download 50mb of data before the thread displays. This will cause the thread to take 2 - 3 minutes before anything can be viewed.

Thanks.