Reef Discussion

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Peppermint & White Glove Shrimp Yes Or No ?
Need more cuc as wrasse (now gone) ate them all.
I dont know anything about peppermint & white glove shrimp and have been offered 8 pepper and 2 whitegloves . Do they get along ? Are they reef safe ? any special care needed ?
How much would you expect to pay for that package ?????
I have no idea and need to know asap ?
Thanks

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Yes they get along. Both are reef safe. No special care needed. You can pay anywhere from 20-40 for peps and 10-15 for whit gloves

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Yes they get along. Both are reef safe. No special care needed. You can pay anywhere from 20-40 for peps and 10-15 for whit gloves
Thanks appreciate info ! I was wanting to get red banded eventually. Are they all good to get along as well ?

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
As in coral banded, they can't be kept with any other shrimp. Shrimp you need to watch are mantis and pistol obviously, and harlequin and coral banded shrimp. Redline cleaners and blood cleaners are ok

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I took my peppermint shrimp out of my DT, they were an absolute pain in the arse. They would steal food out of any coral I was target feeding and ate the centres out of every Acan I had in the tank.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
As in coral banded, they can't be kept with any other shrimp. Shrimp you need to watch are mantis and pistol obviously, and harlequin and coral banded shrimp. Redline cleaners and blood cleaners are ok
are coral banded shrimp the same as red banded shrimp ? Do you have to watch them because they eat or pick corals or just that they kill other shrimp ?
I really don't know a lot about them .

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I took my peppermint shrimp out of my DT, they were an absolute pain in the arse. They would steal food out of any coral I was target feeding and ate the centres out of every Acan I had in the tank.
wow. thats interesting, thanks for that info I might just get the 2 mated pair of red banded shrimp instead. Do you know anything about them at all ? Are they ok ?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Yep
- have had similar problems myself. Little bastards!

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Any time I've ever had peps, I hardly see them and they are strictly nocturnal. And I have NO predators in my tank, minimal fish - they could be kings of their domain but they hide out and sometimes I don't see them for weeks at a time. Go figure.

And pep/white handed shrimp will go together fine. They will take the opportunity to kill each other if they get a chance just after one has moulted and is still soft, but other than that I would expect it all to be peaceful or at least they will stay out of each others way.