Off-Topic

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Our great ocean road and SW Vic road trip
This coming april my wife and I will be heading off on a road trip for 9 days! Our first night will be spent in Mount Gambier, 2nd in Peterborough, 3rd in Kennett river, 4th and 5th in Ballarat and our final 3 nights are in th eamazing Boroka downs B & B in Halls Gap. We are really looking forward to our belated honeymoon and 9 days without children!

If anyone has any must see/do things we should add to our list then let us know, we dont really have any plans for what to do along the way so would love some input!

Thansk,
Jack.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
This coming april my wife and I will be heading off on a road trip for 9 days! Our first night will be spent in Mount Gambier, 2nd in Peterborough, 3rd in Kennett river, 4th and 5th in Ballarat and our final 3 nights are in th eamazing Boroka downs B & B in Halls Gap. We are really looking forward to our belated honeymoon and 9 days without children!

If anyone has any must see/do things we should add to our list then let us know, we dont really have any plans for what to do along the way so would love some input!

Thansk,
Jack.
Make sure you hit up the Cave Gardens in Mt G at night and see the visual display over the gardens after dark. I caught it over Christmas while I was visiting the olds. Pretty cool stuff.
Head out to Penola/Coonawarra while you're in South East SA if you're into wine and vineyards.
I won't tell you what to look at in Ballarat. We have Sovereign Hill and the Eureka Stockade, but we get boring pretty quickly :D

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I worked and live on the outskirts of the Barossa Valley! Im over wine!

Is kryall castle still open in Ballarat? It was crap when I saw it as a kid but I heard it was all done up a few years ago. Definately going to see sovereign hill and the stockade... The whole trip is about being boring! More about relaxing and taking in the sights than anything else!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Kyrall castle is closed for reno's I think. It stopped being open to the public as that type of attraction a long time ago. It was open for a bit for conventions and what not, but the last I heard it was closed for renos.

You could always look for the bird & reptile park - i think that's still open if you're into that. I've been back here for 4 years (I'm technically native here), and I have no idea what is still operating these days! I don't get out much :D