Help / Suggestions

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Erm, why? Aren't there enough Marine forums on the internet as it is? It's like RTAW but with fancier bits and pieces.
I wouldn't say that. For one, I feel more relaxed while surfing this site. I don't know if it is because of the members, or the colours of the site are easier on my eyes. Also, this site seems to have a lot more features. It has a rating system so sellers can build up a reputation, and everything is just quicker and easier to navigate.

The fancier bits I would agree with. But this is a good thing, as fancier bits make websites function better which allows communication and information access a lot easier.

Cheers!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I like it here too - I find RTAW can be a little intimidating at times for a newbie. The layout here is good, and I like the Google+esque functionality along the top of the page.
It's relaxed, and so far the company around here seems to be pretty good.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Huh?

Excuse me I don't seem to understand. I am not sure if you are joking or not. Because it really seems like a joke.

A man takes the time to go on another site and register, set up an account, add their avatar, and the very first post (and I am going to assume the last, with the exception of any replies here) is him tying to mock a start up forum that is supplied to the public for free? (No donations, no advertisements, AND it is payed software). Hero.

Either that, I have just made a COMPLETE fool of myself as you were just being cheeky and will be posting on these forums because you appreciate what complete strangers are trying to do.

Just my two cents.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello Greg Grayson,

I am not a member of any other forums (reef related anyway). I own this site, not my moderators. So I have no clue what "grudge" you may be talking about, and none of my staff have mentioned any other forum, so please feel free to elaborate on this. There are many sites on the Internet about the same topic. It seems to me, members of "a" forum (I have no idea which forum) are threatened by the startup of The Reefuge and have gotten people to come here and create negative posts.

The like system has been implemented in other forums I own (not reef related) and they seem to be working well. The feedback system is new to me, but I am sure if eBay has kept theirs around for years, it is somewhat worthy to keep.

Thanks for your opinions Greg Grayson.

jaxgrant

Photography Instructor
Aug 1, 2011
Erm, why? Aren't there enough Marine forums on the internet as it is? It's like RTAW but with fancier bits and pieces.
Hopefully this forum doesn't have the 'attitude' displayed by some on ####. I'm sick of the old timers lording it over everyone.

Edit: Sorry Jaxgrant. There is no need to name the other forum. This is my fault as I have not written rules about members posting. They are now written - The Reefuge.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

I would like a bit of feedback from all of you. This forum is a little over 6 weeks old now, and there have been many changed made. From themes, to banks, to tagging, etc.

I would just like to know how you are all liking it so far? How do the forums feel? Are there any ideas you would like to put forward?

Thanks.

THIS SITE IS AWESOME!!! in my opinion better then masa due to the smart and more modern design
masa is old fashioned compared to this . Kepp the ideas coming :D
i just go a trophy called runner up n got 10 points what does it mean..lol
is there a trophy explanation topic?
thanks
Tim

fongyfong

Aug 21, 2011
The forum is nice, pretty dead atm bu tshould pick up. Yous should get some sponsers and start having some competitions on here

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Hi everyone,

I would like a bit of feedback from all of you. This forum is a little over 6 weeks old now, and there have been many changed made. From themes, to banks, to tagging, etc.

I would just like to know how you are all liking it so far? How do the forums feel? Are there any ideas you would like to put forward?

Thanks.
Like it;like it; like it-is an addiction-come home form work and bang-onto thereefuge. ignore my family!!!
very comfortable here-non judgemental views and people are helpful-and humorous

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The Reefuge will always be a free community. The growth of the site has been insane over the last few weeks.
Goodwork everyone