Help / Suggestions

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Opinions of the forum
hey everyone i would like to hear some feedback about the forum. what could be improved? what do people like? what do people not like?

have people checked out the chat system? the sale feedback system? have you posted an image through the site etc?

cheers everyone!

Attachments

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Hey Matt. Any chance of getting some more emoticons. I am a bit frustrated as there are not enough to indicate my emotional state at the time of writing the post :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I like the Facebook tie in - saves having to create a new account. Does chat work for anybody? I keep seeing a Flash policy problem, which appears to be a server side issue.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
:welcome
are you using IE or firefox? i found issues when i didn't have the latest java install?
the facebook integration is simple as it gets!
Thanks

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I like the Facebook tie in - saves having to create a new account. Does chat work for anybody? I keep seeing a Flash policy problem, which appears to be a server side issue.
Hi David,

Can you please open a new thread with the problem you are having and post the message it is giving you? I would like to try and solve this asap.

Thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Matt

I think the trophy system is worthwhile as it provides some encouragement for members to post worthwhile contributions. However, as it currently stands there are huge gaps in the awards.

There are no additional trophies awarded between 100 and 1000 posts or between 25 and 100 likes.

Is it possible to change it so that, say, 10 points are awarded for every 100 posts and 15 points for every 25 likes?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Erm, why? Aren't there enough Marine forums on the internet as it is? It's like RTAW but with fancier bits and pieces.
Hi Jimmy :welcome

Just looking to provide an alternative to what is currently available. Hopefully the members will actively contribute to make this a significant source of information for the marine aquarium enthusiast for many years to come - and have some fun at the same time.