Tank Journal Archive

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
New light for the scrubber and fuge has worked a treat as they have started to grow the correct algae finally.

The algae in the tank is reducing on its own now so i will just keep up with the water changes and let the new clean up crew take it from here.

I also may have made a purchase that i have been holding off on untill i got on top of everything. Purchased a fish i have always wanted to have. Blue tang who is doing realy well. Will put a pic up soon and next entries will start a new journal update.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The next time you make food, don't put any garlic in it. There have been a few studies done where it can cause intestinal ulceration in fish. I make my own foods too, shrimp, fish, clams and mussels.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Damit lol have a tone of food to go through now.

I have been feeding the tank more then normal so the tang can builds its immune system up. I have never in all my life seen a fish that eats so much food!!!!! I have nick named it after my sone as they are both vacuums with food.

I will cut the food back now so i do not creat another problem for the algae to make a come back.

Sorry for the bad pic. Moves fast for my phone. Will have to get old the old cannon 400D again.

20180729_185254.jpg

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
I know i said i was going to call it here for the algae battle but its being persistent lol.

Even with using RO water and doing 160 - 200L water change a week its not getting worse but sticking around.

The grow light i got for the sump is only a 12W and after doing a heap more research it was not what i realy needed. So i deceided to up the game as the small light has improved the sump growth a bit but not enough. Just ordered a Viper Spectra R300 300w Led grow light for the sump. https://www.viparspectra.com/goods.php?id=86

Will take some pics when i get it and set it up

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Ok time for quick update. New fuge light is great. Only draw back was its that good NHA took over my sump lol. Cheato was growing well also.

However phosphates were lower but still their. So 2 weeks ago i made the decision and removed 95% of live rock and left only pices that had coral growth on them.

Result is after 1 water change no detectable phosphates any more. What a bloody mission lol. I got a couple of pieces of base rock yesterday and placed in the tank to start building my rock back up.

Will keep every one posted.

20180818_190430.jpg