Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
NP Bio pellets who is running them?
Anyone running pellets these days or is was this just a passing fad?
:anyone?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
How long have you been going on them, what brand of pellets are you tumbling is it TLF? (two little fishies)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I was very tempted to run pellets, I thought that it is a good progression from doing Prodibio.
However I have gone down the Zeovit path, I have seen some amazing tanks that were Zeo that converted to Bio Pellets later on though. I had plans to run some sort of hybrid system of the two methods.

I believe that you might be able to stock your tank up with more fish if you run the pellets. Like anything in this hobby, you just have to take your time and not expect things to happen overnight.

An understanding of each methodology is a must because each system has a certain way of doing things.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I am running them. Find them great at reducing the Phos and Nitrate. Have to skim heavily to remove the excess bacteria that are released from the reactor. Fislter feeding animals love the outflow from the reactor and the amount of tunicates (sea-squirts) that have established in my tank and sump following the establishment of the Reactor is astounding.