Help / Suggestions

Ian3145

Mar 15, 2014
Dumbalk, Sth Gippsland
Notifications
Hi,

I get notifications every time someone starts a new thread about anything and it's driving me nuts. I've turned off everything I can find to turn off, how do I stop this please? It's like being spammed....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@The Reefuge - I have everything ticked on the Alert Preference page you linked to, but I don't get an alert when a new thread is started, nor does there appear to be an option for that :confused:

@Ian3145 have you fixed the problem?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Shane,

In the forum you want to be alerted when a thread is started, go to the forum options and select watch forum.

Thanks.

Ian3145

Mar 15, 2014
Dumbalk, Sth Gippsland
@The Reefuge - I have everything ticked on the Alert Preference page you linked to, but I don't get an alert when a new thread is started, nor does there appear to be an option for that :confused:

@Ian3145 have you fixed the problem?
There haven't been a lot of new posts as the site seems very quiet these days but there at least two new messages that I found and did not get notifications for, so fingers crossed.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Ian,

You will need to unsubscribe to the threads in the same manner I posted above. This will stop you from receiving notifications.

Thanks.

Thanks. I just don't get why I was getting them. These were mostly new posts, eg for sale items. Anyway it seems to have stopped now so all is good.

While I'm here could you please tell me, what are flood checks? As in bypass flood check as a vip perk.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Flood checks are if you are posting much too fast. It is there to prevent spam.

Thanks.