New To Reefing

simber

Jul 15, 2020
Newbie advice - using old Cade tank
Hi guys, i'm new to saltwater tanks, and have just picked up what looks to be an older model CADE tank (I believe to be a HL900-BP Reef).

Hoping for some tips/pointers in getting it set up - in doing some research I've gathered that the plumbing setup has room for improvement?

Have attached some pictures - last image shows a damaged weir which I am trying to find out if CADE has replacements for. If unsuccessful, what would the best way to repair be? I'm worried about using the wrong adhesive.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I set up an old cade which is almost the same as yours. I think mine is the 800 model with the corner weir. I ended up ripping the whole weir out and drilling the back of the tank and installing an overflow box with 3 pipes like a 'bean animal' set up.

Is the damaged part of your weir actually going to stop it from working? Maybe you could just patch up the hole?

Shadowphax

Mar 19, 2022
Brisbane
Do you know were you can buy the grey polly pipes and fittings. I have a hl1000, bought second had a few years ago. Never been used until last weekend. The overflow suction noise is driving me nuts. I need to seperate the 1st overflow from the emergency line. I cannot find a place in Brisbane that sells them
95F10E82-83D6-4257-BB6E-5FE77E32DA3F.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited: