Reef Discussion

Cosby

May 14, 2013
New Fish Issue
I've just picked up a small female blue throat trigger, and have noticed whole acclimating it that it has a small white discoloration on it's eye.

I don't have a quarantine tank.

Should I take it back? Or continue aclimating it? Is it possible that it will heal itself.

I'll tag a few people who might be able to give me an answer.
@Dr. Schell @Buddy

I'll post a pic in a minute.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
there are many causes of sicolouration to the covering of the eye These range from fungal, mechanical damage, bacterial and parasites. Is difficult to assess the cause of the issue without an image. However, if you have concerns, go with your gut instinct. If you thering there is a risk, do not introduce it and take it back. If you are accept the risk, then continue to acclimate.

I have introduced seemingly diseased into my tanks and thothing happend. However, I have also intruduced seemingly healthy fish to my tanks, which resulted in waves of disease.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Thanks Doc.

I'll continue acclimating her and take the risk. I did give her a good once over when she was still at the LFS and she was fine.

Stupid iphone is taking forever to upload the pic.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I would at least touch base with your LFS. If you decide to keep it and take the risk or take it back, at least let them know and they may support you further?
Sam

Cosby

May 14, 2013
She's in the tank now, and was looking happy enough before I left for work.

iPhone pic, but you can see the little mark on her eye, to the left.

image.jpg