News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
New Feature Added - Emergency Tagging
Hello everyone,

Before I start I would just like to say a huge thank you to @rockerpeller for this suggestion and idea. We were talking about state groups before and what we could do to make them better. At that point he came up with a great idea to really allow users to get the most out of their group support.

Please note - Due to the nature of this feature, it has the ability to be abused. For this reason only 'Premium Members' (both Level 1 and Level 2) can access it. It also is to be used for emergency purposes only (that need person-person contact). If people abuse the feature it will be disabled. So, on to the feature.

A lot of time users run in to trouble with their tanks. Something is leaking, broken, etc. The state groups are there to provide support to users. However, sometimes users really need help ASAP. Users can now include a @stategroup (the name of the state) in their post asking for help. This will send out an alert to all users who live in that particular state asking them to read the post. This is a very effective way of having the issue sorted and the support at hand.

As an example, let's say my powerhead dies and I am in need of one ASAP.

I would go to my state group (Victoria) and create a new thread explaining the situation. I would give as many details as possible (suburb I live in, phone number, etc). I would then type in @[USERGROUP=8]Victoria[/USERGROUP] in the message. This will alert all Victorian members to read the post I just made and someone can come in and help.

Enjoy.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Here is the test so you can all see how it works :)

@[USERGROUP=8]Victoria[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=13]Tasmania[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=12]South Australia[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=11]Western Australia[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=10]Queensland[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=9]New South Wales[/USERGROUP]