Help / Suggestions

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Navigation suggestions.
A couple of suggestions for consideration.

One thing I do like about "the other place" is that if you mark a forum as read, you get an option to return the the index or higher level in the navigation. What would be better still is if I mark a forum read, it automatically takes me back to the parent level.

Eg: I'm reading the NEWS forum and then mark the forum as having been read. Clearly I'm done with that. I would like it to return to the forums overview. Or if I'm reading state groups > vic. When I mark it as read, it should (to my thinking) return to the state groups parent page. Not sure how hard it is to implement but that's my thought,

Marketplace.

I open the marketplace and there's nothing there to interest me (or I've finished checking them out) but there is no option at that point to mark the marketplace as read. It can only be done from inside a classified. Really would be better if you could open the summary and mark it read if there's nothing there for me.

If I open state groups and mark all forums as read, it not only marks state forums as read, it masrks every forum on the board. So again the only option is to go into each state group to mark them.

Many navigation steps could be simplified here, of particular benefit to newcomers.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011

One thing I do like about "the other place" is that if you mark a forum as read, you get an option to return the the index or higher level in the navigation. What would be better still is if I mark a forum read, it automatically takes me back to the parent level.
This feature is already available. It allows you to select the node to be marked as read if you are in that node. If you choose that option, it takes you back to the parent node. If you mark all forums read, it will take you back to the main page.

I open the marketplace and there's nothing there to interest me (or I've finished checking them out) but there is no option at that point to mark the marketplace as read. It can only be done from inside a classified. Really would be better if you could open the summary and mark it read if there's nothing there for me.
The marketplace is still being worked on, but I will take this suggestion into consideration. However, the marketplace is designed to separate discussion and listing, which means for the most part that marking it as read has no use. However, it may be handy for seeing listings you have not read.

If I open state groups and mark all forums as read, it not only marks state forums as read, it masrks every forum on the board. So again the only option is to go into each state group to mark them.
Unfortunately there is no way around this. The state group is set up as a category to prevent users from posting on the main page. This in turn does not allow you to mark its child nodes as read in a single hit. I will look for a workaround for it though.

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
This feature is already available. It allows you to select the node to be marked as read if you are in that node. If you choose that option, it takes you back to the parent node. If you mark all forums read, it will take you back to the main page.
No it doesn't. Not as I mean.

Screen shot 1 before marking the forum read.
1.jpg
Screen shot 2 after marking the forum as read. Same page, it has not returned to the main page.
2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The marketplace is still being worked on, but I will take this suggestion into consideration. However, the marketplace is designed to separate discussion and listing, which means for the most part that marking it as read has no use. However, it may be handy for seeing listings you have not read.

I really don't like seeing the same ad over and over because I've not read it. It would imo, be far better if I could mark them us "not interesting" to me. Worth a thought.

Unfortunately there is no way around this. The state group is set up as a category to prevent users from posting on the main page. This in turn does not allow you to mark its child nodes as read in a single hit. I will look for a workaround for it though.

Thanks.[/quote]

Attachments

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
@reefuge Re
Mini-Update - Recurring Payments (automatic) now available for upgrades.
Today at 8:32 AM

I can't select this from the alerts but can select all my other alerts. Thought you should know.

Ian

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
@reefuge Re
Mini-Update - Recurring Payments (automatic) now available for upgrades.
Today at 8:32 AM

I can't select this from the alerts but can select all my other alerts. Thought you should know.

Ian
Hello @Ian G,

Thanks for letting me know. It was done on purpose to avoid creating a new thread for it. It was a small alert just to let members know.

Thanks.