Reef Discussion

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
My Peppermint Shrimp Had Babies!
I turned the light off... Was about to head to bed but I thought I'd have a look in the tank for some night critters...

I noticed my blenny was in the toadstool coral (his safe place) and the clowns were going crazy!!

TURNS OUT THE TANK IS FULL OF SHRIMP FRY!!!

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Dean, your corals have had a feast!

When I had a pair of redline cleaner shrimp they would spawn once every three weeks or so and my softies and LPS loved it.

Most of my fish were asleep at the time, so didn't partake in the feast.

I tried to raise the babies but failed miserably.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Do any of your shrimps pull food out of your LPS or mushrooms?

I actually gave up my redline shrimp because they kept pulling food out of my fungia and I think the interference ultimately led to my fungia dying.

I really regretted giving the shrimp up.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith

I actually gave up my redline shrimp because they kept pulling food out of my fungia and I think the interference ultimately led to my fungia dying.

Oh yeah. They're horrible. But I syringe feed the shrimps before I think about feeding the corals. Otherwise the corals don't have an opportunity to eat!

But the shrimp are really receptive and accepting of the syringe. So much so they often jump up onto my fingers haha.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air

Mine did the same thing to a Pearl bubble coral, picked at it until it died.