Tank Journal Archive

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Update... been a while...
Tank going well, have added a dosing system and all params looking good .
mg 1380, ca 430, ph 8.2, kh 9.0, nitrate 2ppm, phos .25, temp 26 and sg 1.025. I use Red Sea and top off with tap water (dont cringe..lol) I change water with NSW about 15-20lts a fortnight. Im testing weekly with red Sea also.
No calamities and everything looking good, sponges popping out from most places too. I trashed my scape chasing coral beuty around when I put in flame.... they didn't get on.. :-)

Attachments

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Yes, it seems to be very happy, has good flow, I give it reef roids and it gets the scraps in the water too, it seems to like brine shrimp.
I have been told it will die but it's growing!! I could frag it I think. When I got it, it looked a lil sick. Only thing I have had to bury so far was an anemone... which was a blessing, i'll not have another..

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Think we need more photos rich
How'd those fluffys end up?
That orange morph I got
From you looks about ready to split lol

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Fluffy's happy, good to hear the morph going well, my green ones are like rabbits...I am waiting on some fish to light it up a bit, i want to get a million zoas in there and cover every bit of rock too... Things are starting to kick on and I think once all that good bacteria build up It should go to the next level... i'll grab a few close ups at some point.. off os on a dive trip soon so time limited with work/play and tank..(It does seem to distract me and there must be a worm hole where time dissappears too.. :-) .. )

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Awesome pics rich, very very nice. Did you take them from the inside or outside of the tank ;) Crabs would be commonly called decorated crabs. They're several kind including Pisinae sp., Camposcia retusa & Cyclocoeloma tuberculata. Once again great pics

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Thanks Salty... Yeah thats what I thought, just hard to make them out under all the rubble they cart around. I have seen others when diving and they are more rounded than this lot. Still happy to have them and they seem not to do any damage.
The pics from outside... Tanks not deep enough to dive in .. YET.. ;-)