Tank Journal Archive

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
wow... thanks for the warning, i'll wait and see with whipper snipper at the ready. Good info guys, maybe I can shortcut the 12 months then... ;-)

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Quick update:
I have added an anenome and 2 occy clowns, everything looking healthy and banded shrimp has shed his shell. Duncan has sprouted a couple of things so looks to be growing, blasto's have multiplied where there were 4 there are 6. Cataphylia happy on sand and anenome has stopped doing walk about (clowns have moved in and are feeding it too)
Water seems good, I have salt stable and temp too. I need to get other test kits and start becomming a Dr Jeckyl in the laundry :mad: (Puts on evil laugh)
Most of all, I cant wait each night to check out the days action and do a bit of TLC and feeding... So very happy. I am looking for some ideas though on stock so will post a few pics to see what you guys think should be the next addition...

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Its been a while since my last confession... since then have added a few bits (Mostly from Matt selling up) List was helios, Morphs, gorg, hammers, all doing well too.
Water perameters are nitrate 2PPM , im not checking mag,cal, PH as yet on my own, ill get that test kit now i have mastered Nopo caper.
I am changing some water once every few weeks (20lts) and topping up with tap water.. (dont cringe)
I have only the 2 clowns and a banded shrimp.. thinking of adding more fish now things have settled down a bit.
I'll prob go 3 or 5 anthias, orchid dotty, hawkfish (last) a couple more shrimp and a blenny... Maybe a sailfin or lipstick or orange spot tang?

Attachments

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looking good, starting to fill up! Looks like you scored from matts close down ;)

The redsea i guess will take care of the phos in the tap water, obviously not ideal but thats how brett does it.

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
A question for those with illumajic leds.... Do you hear a noise not long after they switch off, like a crackling noise ( I thought might be a mantis) It is a single clicking noise and goes for about 30 mins after they first switch off. Hope its not a mantis...:(
I have added an orchid dotty but he seems very shy... does anyone have any history with these as far as getting them out and about, he's feeding well, just hiding 99% of time, been there a few days so far.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Mantis for sure..... though occasionally my unit does make some cracking noises ;) I think it wants to compete with the mantis and pistols in my tank :)

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Hey Richard, Simon here.... so you got the tank. Tank looks good and attaention to detail is spot on. Next......temperate tank ;). So when you gunna post pics of your last trip??????? Im spewing about missing out on Jarvis Bay, oh well next time. Keep up the good work

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Hey Richard, Simon here.... so you got the tank. Tank looks good and attaention to detail is spot on. Next......temperate tank ;). So when you gunna post pics of your last trip??????? Im spewing about missing out on Jarvis Bay, oh well next time. Keep up the good work
Hi Simon, Yeah I got the tank a couple of months ago and seems to be going well... Afer I master this im def. going the temperate one downstairs. J Basy trip is almost all booked out, still a couple of spots left ;).
Did you mean philippines trip? I put some up on dive and dive facebook page... do a like and check em out, im the only one who posts pics there..
Might have to get up to Reeflections one thursday night and catch up... :-)

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
I'm waiting for the flinders pics too ;). When I said mantis for sure I was joking too :)
Thanks Andrew you had me a lil worried... i think its some plastic in the light or some sort of expasion/contraction noise... hope so anyway..lol I'll send a couple over tomorrow...

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Ok ... Calling all detectives.... can anyone id this lil fish in my sump? I was going to put it in the main tank but thought best to work out what it is first... I dont want my ochid dotty going AWOL and never coming home...
It looks to me a bit like a lizard fish, although it has the fin things coming off th top of its head... this is the best pic i can get Apologies its on an iphone and not a decent camera..
Look forward to hearing all the inspector Clusoe theories...
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
You bagged yourself a nice striped goby :)

Was that in your LR?
Really... so its a good thing then... yes it was in the LR... its the second I have found, the first one I kinda flushed, it was in the skimmer filter.. oopse... you think I should let it live a while in sump or into main tank?

Thanks for reply too, i'll do some research..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
It almost looks like the goby pistol shrimp pair one...if so it's really awesome...we should change your tank journal title :) I don't think it's about help anymore lol we need to name the tank