MTG's 170 Reefer - SPS Frag Forrest

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Mtg rodi water mixing station
This is my current setup for top up water and rodi for mixing my salt
Custom mix of parts of my old ro unit paired with a diy kit from reef pure ro systems. Great guys to deal with if you need any help or have questions, I was able to re use my old pump to help up pressure to 75psi saving me money on a whole new pump driven system. I am getting constant 0tds now what’s great.

I usualy mix 100L of salt at a time and that seems to last a fair while (usualy 20L water change a week so enough for 5 weeks)

View attachment IMG_2149.MOV
2F0E3FE5-7AC4-494E-AD17-9A136B24E9CE.jpeg

Shornski

Apr 21, 2020
That's some serious flow you have there. Did you get the 100 gallon per day unit? How many stages and how much did it cost you? I only have a second hand unit that I have little faith in. No TDS meter so not sure exactly what its spitting out. Definitely time to upgrade and if I could plumb it to ato the ato that would be even better. I'm sure the missus will be ok with me drilling through the wall and the external brickwork

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Its a 4 Stage 50GPD unit, then i added my old pump to it in between first filter and second filter, i also added the tds meter on inlet and outlet (needed imo otherwise you dont know your levels or when the units getting old)

I actualy left it on last night and forgot flooding some of my garage haha