Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Certainly sounds good, there are a few limitations though. One - it was like pulling teeth getting people to go for just one day without the need for accommodation. Not sure how we'd go getting people in for a full weekend away from home with the added expense of accommodation and food. Plus - getting locals interested in driving us around for two whole days is a mighty ask.

Also - if I had done a better job of planning it, we could have easily got lots more LFS's and sightseeing in! Consider this trip bit of a reconnaissance mission :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Guys...this was awesome...im absolutely spewing i couldnt be a part of it i had one hell of a day too lol.

those shops are top there, next time we do it we gotta get 3-4 car loads :) buy in bulk? lol

glad you guys had so much fun Felicity thanks so much for showing the mexicans what they're missing out on.

we should do this state to state, jetstar will start calling it thereefuge meet sale flights just $29.

awesome write up and i might try organise one for when i come down there, im buying a car in mexico and will be going there to pick out my livestock for my tank when it arrives so could be a great day out :)

also will bein the US next year so i plan to grab a car and drive to as many as i can and spread the good word about the reefuge.

:) again. awesome.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Plenty of room at my place for interstaters, always welcome to crash a night and I'll take you on a LFS tour. If we plan it properly, we would no doubt get a good dozen or two of Vic's come along :)

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
It cant be summed up much better than that @Sam Parker!! :)

It was a wicked day to say the least, the 3:30am wake and hour long drive to the airport wasn't much fun but they day certainly made that worthwhile!
As Sam has said, we can't thank you enough @Felicity goodall for all of your driving and taking across the Sydney Harbour Bridge :D You really did make the day and I'm glad that we all got along so well!!
Awesome to meet you @Jimsim and I'm glad you came along too!

The product and series of balling additives that I'm about to start is the Balling Light range of Fauna Marine, which aren't sold any where else in Australia but by Eric at Reef River and Reptile :) We had a huge discussion (well I did a lot of talking :p ) and he was just an awesome person and I certainly can't wait to go back up and see the farms with him and whoever else comes along!! :) It really is worth it!

All in all it was one of the best days and really good just to do something different and go someone different :) I work every weekend so it was a nice outing for me :p

Hopefully some of you NSW folks will come down to Melbourne for a crawl or come along next time we go up (it will be happening, Sam and I have already decided that haha). I look forward to it whatever happens next!
That's what I use .... FM highly recommended. I smuggled in some trace elements when I emigrated over here. I'm pleased to hear that they are available in Australia now as they are top notch and probably the best on the market.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
That's what I use .... FM highly recommended. I smuggled in some trace elements when I emigrated over here. I'm pleased to hear that they are available in Australia now as they are top notch and probably the best on the market.
Well, if your keen in keeping your stock levels up - I am negotiating a bulk deal for Reefuge members now. Could possibly even host a day where we can all get together and "mix" up the batches?

Sam

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Well you know I'm in on a bulk group buy :P I'm also happy to buy super accurate scales and mix it in the correct ratios for everyone, also when we do the first buy, we should make a day of it. Have everyone in one place and go through it all, mix it up and give it out so that everyone can chat and have any questions answered :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Well you know I'm in on a bulk group buy :p I'm also happy to buy super accurate scales and mix it in the correct ratios for everyone, also when we do the first buy, we should make a day of it. Have everyone in one place and go through it all, mix it up and give it out so that everyone can chat and have any questions answered :)
Exactly might thoughts too. Bring your containers, we'll mix it up on the day!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
bahahahahahahahahahahahaha that has to be the best thing I've seen in some time!!!
You've just made my day @Sam Parker and I was having a shitty one too s thank you :p

@leodb89 what are you talking about :rolleyes

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
@Wrangy any idea on the distributor for these amazing said products? I'm trying to gather a hit list of supplies for the biz.
He did mention who he get's it in through but for the life of me I can't get the name back! I have totally forgotten it, sorry!

InnerWestie

May 23, 2014
Sam from eastwood aquariums is a good bloke who is always willing to negotiate on his already low prices. The more you buy the more he will drop the price of pieces.
Mark and Mike from Asquith Aquariums are a wealth of knowledge but wont move on prices very often but do have fantastic sales.