Tank Journal Archive

iluvnanos

Jul 4, 2012
Matt's first nano
Hi guys some of you might know me but anyway I started keeping and getting interested in fish since I was little and I'm ready to take a step up into saltwater and reef tanks. I mostly keep inverts and snakes but fish and corals have also been of high interest to me.

My tank is a aquanano25 which came with a heater filter light and cover for $59 from kellyville pets with 5kg of crushed coral sand 12 litres of NSW and fill date was this Tuesday

My aim for this tank is to create a small ecosystem that is vibrant with color and life.

This is the aquarium with a few things swapped around
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341463068.404109.jpg

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i think this will be perfect for zoos, nice colours, grow quick, dont need much light, lots of contrasting colours

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
I can see a nice morph/zoa garden in that tank. I have one similar that I've been thinking of using for a dedicated zoa garden.

Quite a neat little set-up.

iluvnanos

Jul 4, 2012
Hi guys so I've been testing my tank and dosing stability for 7 days as directed and I was wondering if I should do a water change nitrate 0 ammonia 0.25 ph 8.3

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate results?

The algae is feeding off the excess nutrients in the water which will settle down over time.

If you have no ammonia or nitrite then it could be time to add some snails to start eating the algae - but no fish or corals at this stage please as it is still a bit early.