News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Long Overdue Update
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the downtime the last two nights. I will quickly run down what happened.

uFlix has been steadily growing over the last couple of months (yay!). Due to the high demand that was put on the server, it caused some things to break. So, since The Reefuge is sponsored 100% by uFlix, we are on their network. What does that mean you ask?

As soon as possible, the webhosting server is going to be node balanced. That means it will actually be running 2 servers at the same time. Not only will this increase performance of the website, but should one server go down, the other will make sure the website stays up and running. Any network upgrades done to uFlix also benefits us here.

So, what's next for The Reefuge.

During my (rare) spare time, I have been developing another way for The Reefuge to function. @CodyS has been testing it the last month or so, so you can all hit him up for some feedback. It is nowhere near complete, but it will be much nicer.

We are also going to be adding a better classifieds system in the next 6 - 12 months (hopefully). It will have very heavy functions on it to act as a proper classifieds system (and perhaps even live auctions). This may allow us to start allowing facebook groups to use it for live-auctioning for their own groups.

If any of you have comments or suggestions please post them below.

Thanks.

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
If possible it would be nice to have peoples actual names and alias as when u meet people face to face u introduce urself with ur actual name not ur refuge name etc. it would be nice to put names n faces to the avatars etc. if members r happy with that. So can have the reefuge name (id) + actual name + location (suburb) would be nice. Just throwing it out there.

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
If possible it would be nice to have peoples actual names and alias as when u meet people face to face u introduce urself with ur actual name not ur refuge name etc. it would be nice to put names n faces to the avatars etc. if members r happy with that. So can have the reefuge name (id) + actual name + location (suburb) would be nice. Just throwing it out there.
that would be nice

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Mines Cody, incase anyone was wondering. And I'm laying bets on the guy above me, LOL!

Only consideration I would raise is some people may wish to remain private, so for privacy reasons it would require an optional feature. This is problematic as a lot of people wouldn't use it.

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
Mines Cody, incase anyone was wondering. And I'm laying bets on the guy above me, LOL!

Only consideration I would raise is some people may wish to remain private, so for privacy reasons it would require an optional feature. This is problematic as a lot of people wouldn't use it.
my name's jeff.... JK