Reef Discussion

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
What other corals are in the tank? If there are a lot of zoanthids, leathers and morphs, you could have a toxin build up. Nils seems to have your lighting sorted, maybe a few extra water changes will sort things out. When my tanks are looking like crap, I do a few 20% changes and that will rid the tanks of any built up toxins. If you're using NSW, there could be an issue there too.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
What other corals are in the tank? If there are a lot of zoanthids, leathers and morphs, you could have a toxin build up. Nils seems to have your lighting sorted, maybe a few extra water changes will sort things out. When my tanks are looking like crap, I do a few 20% changes and that will rid the tanks of any built up toxins. If you're using NSW, there could be an issue there too.
thanks, yeah I have a lot of morphs, will try that as well, this has doubled is size since this photo was taken
P8150383.JPG

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
IMO - morphs are one of the strongest to outcompete for space in the aquarium environment. Having seen first hand a tank that I was tasked to maintain. Nothing but Morphs would grow in that soup. Some good WC would help reset the tank.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
IMO - morphs are one of the strongest to outcompete for space in the aquarium environment. Having seen first hand a tank that I was tasked to maintain. Nothing but Morphs would grow in that soup. Some good WC would help reset the tank.
Yea, everyone has been pointing the finger at leather corals for years when the real culprit has been mushrooms. Like Nils said, several water changes should reset everything and get you back on track.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Yeah they are braking off and popping up every where