Off-Topic

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
This is Bella

481242_10200350258712802_48711813_n.jpg

- aka Bel-Bel or "You Fucking Bitch!!!" (depending on what she's done). Don't let the pretty face and almond eyes fool you - she is, at best, confused and at worst, seriously deluded. I got her a about 2.5 yrs ago as a 7 wk old kitten. She cost me $10 from the petshop. I'd wanted a cat for some time but I wanted to wait for "the right one" (kinda like "mr right" but more long-lasting LOL).
I knew she was the right one when I saw her. Her two brothers, who were both pure grey, backed away from my hand and stared at me, horrified, when I wiggled my fingers at them. Bella came forward and swiped at the air about 5cm from her nose and at least a foot away from my hand. This was my first warning. But I took it to mean she had a bit of spunk and was willing to interact so I was charmed. When I put her in the box to take her home, she mewed and mewed until I put my hand in there and she wrapped her paws around my hand and was quiet.
Because I lived in a 2 story unit, she couldn't get up the stairs for about 4 months so I slept downstairs on the couch so she could sleep with me. Not long after she arrived, she went to sleep sucking on my finger. This was my second warning.
Bella is rather strange in her habits. I am firmly convinced that she has spent many many lives as a dog and has now reached Nirvana as a cat. That's the only way I can explain her oddly doggy behavior.
What kitten brings rocks inside in her mouth and leaves them on the floor for me to stand on?
What kitten never uses her claws? I mean, EVER!!??
What kitten looks up at the ceiling fan and can't judge it's too far to reach and so sits on her haunches, batting the air while the fan spins lazily 6' above her?
To get my attention, she would tap my leg and mew and when playing, she would wrap her paws around my finger or wrist and rabbit-kick me and bite like a demon. But never once did her claws come out. It was like she didn't know she had them.
Then came the terrible teens.
Bella started fretting while I was at work and would go through my dirty clothes and drag out all my undies and bras. She would leave them draped up and down the stairs and on the kitchen floor. She was sucking and chewing on them and I have wondered if that night she went to sleep sucking on my finger might have caused some deep seated fundamental confusion.
She would also suck on my towel after I'd used it. She used to pull it off the towel rack and sit on it and chew it. Once I wore the towel for too long and she tried to pull it off me. Now she's older, she's out grown such silliness - now, after I've had a shower, she comes onto the bed and starts chewing my hand. She rubs her head on my hand then bites it then rubs then bites and does this nibbling thing as well on my fingers. My partner says she is making sure I still taste the same.
She still sometimes steals my work socks.
It was only when she was nearly 18 months old that it dawned on me what the other weird thing was: Bella doesn't purr. At all. I don't think she knows how. But that's ok. It's what makes her who she is. And I love her to bits.
Even when she shits on the floor beside the litter tray
:rage

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
she a staffy she hard as, i spend so much time in the gym trying to build muscle and all she has to do is lie around and she getting huge deltoids, im totes jeli lol

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
@OSCAR85 & @thepubenator - my two favourite dog breeds as it happens!

My latest charges -

Xena the brushtail possum (orphaned + spinal injury). I had to take the photo in dim light so as not to scare her as she is nocturnal now

xena.jpg

Bella the 75gm ringtail possum (found on the ground, emaciated). She came in this week & is going gangbusters. Looks like a little pom pom, so cute!

bella2.jpg

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
@OSCAR85 & @thepubenator - my two favourite dog breeds as it happens!

My latest charges -

Xena the brushtail possum (orphaned + spinal injury). I had to take the photo in dim light so as not to scare her as she is nocturnal now

View attachment 18424

Bella the 75gm ringtail possum (found on the ground, emaciated). She came in this week & is going gangbusters. Looks like a little pom pom, so cute!

View attachment 18423
awwww i love that you help the animals !!! warms my heart

E

ezza

I grew up with a kelpie/german shepherd cross. He looked just like your kelpie. Lovely dog.

Just found this on my iPad...
image.jpg

This was my puppy as a wee tiny man a few weeks old. The breeder sent us these pictures week by week until we took him home. I had never seen anything so precious.

E

ezza

Mr. Cloudy was making himself a nest in the blankets tonight. He was so cute!

image.jpg
image.jpg

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
P3180396.JPG

This is Jedi- supposed cross cattledog/staffy/destroyer. He is the youngest of my 3 "new"dogs and has the longest tongue. He is now 10 months old. Amongst his accomplishments he has taken great delight in destroying 2 couches as well as the garden and all the dog beds but he is so cute that he is forgiven .He was supposed to be my third "small" dog that I could take for a walk with the other two but he is taller and bigger than both the others and still growing. Comes up to my midthigh now.All 3 dogs that we have currently are rescue dogs from the pound
P3180363.JPG

Zoe and Jedi- she is a cross staffy/border colllie and is the spitting image of a previous dog that we used to have
PC280023.JPG

This is my baby=Maya
She is my velcro dog and only wants to be with me. She must have had a very sad life before we got her-covered with scars especially on her face
cuteness.JPG

Jedi the day we got him

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
We recently had to make the tough decision with the sleepy needle and our 13 yo kelpie x. She was such a shit of a dog I gave up telling her off for climbing on the table and eating anything left behind, but boy the house is quiet without her, the last 3 years she has been an inside only dog due to her barking and neigh our complaints, she took up barking at around 10yo when started going deaf

IMG_19724140531528.jpeg