Reef Discussion

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Leopard Wrasses
OK, we're thinking about keeping a few of these guys. Is there anything super special that they absolutely need? I've got the sand they need, gobs of pods and lots of rock for them to pick through. I was thinking about dumping them in a rock run for their quarantine period, fatten them up, then bring them home. I'm looking at M. negrosensis and M. meleagris.

corals

Nov 4, 2013
Canberra
OK, we're thinking about keeping a few of these guys. Is there anything super special that they absolutely need? I've got the sand they need, gobs of pods and lots of rock for them to pick through. I was thinking about dumping them in a rock run for their quarantine period, fatten them up, then bring them home. I'm looking at M. negrosensis and M. meleagris.
I have a male negrosensis. Quarantine is tricky as they will fade quickly if no pods. I put mine straight into an established tank with lots of sand and pods. He spent a lot of time ripping into the sand and eating off rocks. I have had him about 4 months and he is now eating frozen and prepared foods. A timid wrasse that does. Not bother anyone. Great fish

corals

Nov 4, 2013
Canberra
if i have a mandy it is a no go i guess?
Well I imagine that depends on the size of your tank and how much rock you have. Mine is only 1200 x 600 mm with a minimal rock scape so I would not consider my tank big enough to keep a mandarin. But I do have a mystery wrasse and a pigmy wrasse as well.

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
I have a female leapord, your black leapord and a kuiters wrasse, all where quartinied in a 70l tank with no sand, and rock.....

They got a mixture of frozen, live foods.... All soaked in garlic and hufa.

Never had an issue with them. if your getting a couple at same time..... They should just follow like sheep at feeding time.

Macropharyngodon keuteri

You should have a look at them too.... Stunning colours