Reef Discussion

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Large Bta Split ?
007 (3).JPG
photo (13).JPG
Went to bed last night with 1 large BTA woke up this morning and now have 2 BTA's ? They both still look healthy and are right next to each other. Is this normal ? Why do they do this ? I have heard it takes ages for them to do this but this was 12 hours ? First photo before second phot after ? Clowns are in heaven .
Anybody that knows
photo (13).JPG
about it I would appreciate info.
thanks

Last edited:

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Usually BTA's and Green Long Tentacle Anemones split quicker than most
It was fast alright, do you know why they do this, I dont believe he is stressed. Been with us for 12 months since he was the size of a 5c piece. Has not moved once around the tank and eats like a pig ?

E

ezza

They split when happy, or when stressed! He looks fabulous!!! My BTA split on Christmas Eve. It was surprisingly quick. It appeared to be developing a split over a period of days. Then at the crucial vulnerable moment he hid and in the morning there were two. You are obviously being a good parent. Just keep feeding it as normal!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
propagation at its finest...get read for them to keep splitting...looking forward to your ads on the marketplace lol

lorby

Nov 26, 2012
Looks fantastic! Both of them are fully open so they look pretty darn happy about it to me!!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
propagation at its finest...get read for them to keep splitting...looking forward to your ads on the marketplace lol
LOL,, how did you know I would be advertising on marketplace. Sold 5 today and still have 2 left. We are using the cash to buy our first blood red BTA. hoping at the price we are paying it will split lots too. lol
Thanks